+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction League - Sheffield United

Prediction League - Sheffield United

Wolves will host the Blades in a must win match for both teams - Sheffield United to try and stay up in the Prem and Wolves to try and keep up with a Euro spot. While many are disappointed in our effort against clubs at the bottom, it was not as bad as a I thought it was. Against teams in or within 6 points of the drop zone (Burnley, Sheffield United, Luton Town, Everton, NF, Palace, Brentford), we are 4-2-3 for 14 points from a possible 27. Not ideal, but not as discouraging as i thought it was. Against the Big 6 (Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea), we have achieved 15 points from a possible 27. So I would say it's been a balanced season where we have overachieved against some bigger clubs and underachieved against some clubs below us, but overall, I'd say the points we have are fairly accurate (except for a couple more that the officials have robbed from us).

Sheffield United made a managerial change at the beginning of December and went back to Chris Wilder. Hasn't really paid off as they've gone from atrocious (1-2-11 under Heckingbottom) to terrible (2-2-7 under Wilder). They sit bottom of the table and 8 points from safety. This is a team that Wolves should defeat, particularly at home. Obviously the loss of Cunha factors into our depth, but I think we still have enough to score a few goals.

Wolves 2-1 Sheffield United

Hwang

Wolves 2-0 Sheffield United

Neto
    Last edited by Woking88; 21-02-2024 at 10:41 AM.

Wolves 3-0 Sheff Utd (Ait Nouri)

wolves 0 blades 2

I get why you see us struggling to beat the lower placed sides Greavsie but they won't score 2! They'll sit deep and pray for us to gift then a goal and then they'll park all their supporters busses across their six yard box. If we score early they'll have to come out and then they'll be open for out fast counter attack. I'm sticking with 3, but I won't be surprised if we score more than that!

3 - 1 Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    I get why you see us struggling to beat the lower placed sides Greavsie but they won't score 2! They'll sit deep and pray for us to gift then a goal and then they'll park all their supporters busses across their six yard box. If we score early they'll have to come out and then they'll be open for out fast counter attack. I'm sticking with 3, but I won't be surprised if we score more than that!
    hey up steve, after 2 seasons of being unable to score goals, my default position is that we will lose 2-0.home or away cup or league..
    only a bit of fun this comp.

Wolves 3 - Blades 1

(Hwang)

Goodness me that was bad, so many individual errors. Still struggling to break teams down but if you play that bad and still win...

I totally forgot to give my prediction for todays game. I suspected it would be tight and I predicted 1-0 to Wolves on Super Six.

As I shuffled out at the end of the match, I heard a supporter say, "We have played better than that and lost." How true! It was certainly the game of two half's. After a decent first half, where we played some neat football and had loads of possession. We lost our way in the second period and we may have been lucky to have not allowed the visitors an equaliser.

From the first whistle their keeper started to waste time, was he from Brentford? However, we were guilty of the same in the second half, and the away supporters joined in the chant of boring, a chant we had used in the first. As the half wore on I began to think Sunderland and Huddersfield, two sides that we should have put away but failed to. Then a perfect cross from the tricky Ait Nouri was finished by the head of Sarabia.

Sheffield United would have to come out and compete now, but they remained compact with five across the back and four sat in front. I don't know what was in the half time drink but sleeping pills would have had less affect. We were dreadful, the slick passing had gone and we seemed intent on letting the bottom side back in. Passes went astray, tackles were missed, and players got in each others way.

We were fortunate that Sa was on a good day. Even the normally reliable Dawson started to panic and the Steelmen pressed for a goal. I was pleased they were so bad that even on our bad day the couldn't beat us. Several subs from both sides had little impact and there was a collective sigh of relief when the final whistle went.

A bad day at the office but three welcome points, points in the passed we would not have managed to obtain. The Premier League table looks nice this evening as we sit in eighth place. It may be only a temporary position but who knows, we have Newcastle away next Saturday, with a very important Cup game in midweek.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)