+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WBA53 match thread

I only watch us on TV if I know we’ve won, it winds me up too much watching live and when we’ve lost or given away an equaliser.

Live football always from behind the goal for me, the side on view does nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I only watch us on TV if I know we’ve won, it winds me up too much watching live and when we’ve lost or given away an equaliser.

Live football always from behind the goal for me, the side on view does nothing for me.
    I always found it tricky choosing where to watch from. Loved the Brummie end but missed a lot. Probably my favourite spot was high up in the middle of the east stand. Being close to the back of the net when it bulges is great though. Guess there’s no perfect place. (For me anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I find the differing opinions so interesting, this is why we all love football.

Chalobah, I don't think he played great last night BUT...I do think he's a good squad player and someone who can fill in when Yok needs a rest - which I think he did last night. He's also decent at coming off the bench if we need to protect a lead. And he was disappointed to come off, which tells me he wants to play and be involved.

Diangana, I actually thought he made an impact when he came on. Beat their CH in the air at one point. I thought he did pretty well bar that awful miss.

Overall though, very little to complain about last night. We won and we won convincingly. Now I think Hull is a mustn't lose game.

One more thing, hopefully our away form is starting to turn. Maybe a bit premature to say but I'm hoping we've turned a corner.
    Was only able to watch the game on Albion live tv but I'd agree with a lot of that!
    Pieters isn't the fastest but he has experience and this showed in his performance last night. Chalobah is no Yokuslu but I think he is generally solid and has certainly continued to improve since joining. As for Diangana, I don't think many of us would disagree with the opinion that he is too inconsistent and also often lightweight against stronger opposition especially, but he does have ability and, like yourself, I felt that he did have an impact when he came on. Yes, he should have scored from that chance but the normally clinical Weimann also missed his. Ajayi too did well when he came on. I think all the above will be important squad players for us in that they may not always start but offer different options depending on the game and need for player rotation.

I sit level with the penalty box in the west stand. I like that I have a good view of the second half action in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    I sit level with the penalty box in the west stand. I like that I have a good view of the second half action in particular.
    Oh, so you’re one of the urine stained pensioners with a rug over your knees are you Bill!?

😏🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Oh, so you’re one of the urine stained pensioners with a rug over your knees are you Bill!?

������
    That's a pretty fair description!

I have been away for a few days and have just got back to see the ‘highlights’ online. How good it is to see that they were wearing blue and white stripes instead of some crapp y alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I have been away for a few days and have just got back to see the ‘highlights’ online. How good it is to see that they were wearing blue and white stripes instead of some crapp y alternative.
    We ought to be in the stripes again tomorrow, no need whatsoever to change.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)