+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

I know Plymouth were poor and a shadow of the team that came to the Hawthorns but this was a potential banana skin.
    Second half was exceptional, playing at a higher pace improves us no end, the subs also improved us no end Yokuslu gives us so much more than Chalobah, Johnson I really hope we can do a deal with Celtic.
    Without having to defend too much Furlong and Townsend were excellent.
    Kipre was his normal self ( calm and assured) and Pieters was very good.
    Fellows gets better with every game, unfortunately the same can’t be said of Diangana, Boingy’s right we need to get rid, too powder puff.
    Also playing in the home kit looked fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I like to hear everyone’s perspective. I appreciate those who travel who get the actual atmosphere and give such great support but you don’t see everything because you see the match from one area of the ground. Watching on tv you can see more because you have the benefit of all the pitch because of the cameras.
    When a game's on TV you see what the camera picks up, have the benefit of replays and also the 'insightful' comments of commentators and co commentators who are often so busy gibbering inane b@ll@x they become a distraction. But what you don't have is the benefit of a panoramic view of the game.

There are a lot of subtle nuances in games which provide a wider context that the armchair viewer often misses out on such as player positioning, starting points, and spacial awareness; especially when said game isn't broadcast by Sky with a camera angle up players noses.

Give me the live experience of a game over TV broadcast every day of the week, especially on a match day. Sadly I couldn't make it last night so TV at a neighbour's on a stick it was. Good win and three points on the board. Onwards 😎.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    When a game's on TV you see what the camera picks up, have the benefit of replays and also the 'insightful' comments of commentators and co commentators who are often so busy gibbering inane b@ll@x they become a distraction. But what you don't have is the benefit of a panoramic view of the game.

There are a lot of subtle nuances in games which provide a wider context that the armchair viewer often misses out on such as player positioning, starting points, and spacial awareness; especially when said game isn't broadcast by Sky with a camera angle up players noses.

Give me the live experience of a game over TV broadcast every day of the week, especially on a match day. Sadly I couldn't make it last night so TV at a neighbour's on a stick it was. Good win and three points on the board. Onwards 😎.
    I get what you’re saying here Albionic but I remember being up the Brummie end often asking “who scored?” And being told “I don’t know, I think it was..”
    I hated it when we scored at the smethwick end because you couldn’t see anything. I get the panoramic view though. That’s why all perspectives count, whether at the game or not.

I find the differing opinions so interesting, this is why we all love football.

Chalobah, I don't think he played great last night BUT...I do think he's a good squad player and someone who can fill in when Yok needs a rest - which I think he did last night. He's also decent at coming off the bench if we need to protect a lead. And he was disappointed to come off, which tells me he wants to play and be involved.

Diangana, I actually thought he made an impact when he came on. Beat their CH in the air at one point. I thought he did pretty well bar that awful miss.

Overall though, very little to complain about last night. We won and we won convincingly. Now I think Hull is a mustn't lose game.

One more thing, hopefully our away form is starting to turn. Maybe a bit premature to say but I'm hoping we've turned a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

Totally agree, you actually see far more at the game, you see the whole pitch and the tactics being used, you see the work players make off the ball that often gets criticised by people watching a screen, and you definitely can't beat the atmosphere like the second half last night.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I find the differing opinions so interesting, this is why we all love football.

Chalobah, I don't think he played great last night BUT...I do think he's a good squad player and someone who can fill in when Yok needs a rest - which I think he did last night. He's also decent at coming off the bench if we need to protect a lead. And he was disappointed to come off, which tells me he wants to play and be involved.

Diangana, I actually thought he made an impact when he came on. Beat their CH in the air at one point. I thought he did pretty well bar that awful miss.

Overall though, very little to complain about last night. We won and we won convincingly. Now I think Hull is a mustn't lose game.

One more thing, hopefully our away form is starting to turn. Maybe a bit premature to say but I'm hoping we've turned a corner.
    Chalobah definitely devides opinions sometime looks lazy which a lot of people tend to focus on but he is a good footballer and has done OK for me this season when he has played, Diangana like Swift is a luxury player that sometimes particularly in away games goes missing maybe that explains some of our poor results, I thought Mowatt again was excellent does a lot of work and is always available to receive the ball and a special mention for Pieters who was good again last night for a player of his age to sit on the bench for most of the season he has fitted in pretty well in the last 3 games, overall a good performance and a great result.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Chalobah definitely devides opinions sometime looks lazy which a lot of people tend to focus on but he is a good footballer and has done OK for me this season when he has played, Diangana like Swift is a luxury player that sometimes particularly in away games goes missing maybe that explains some of our poor results, I thought Mowatt again was excellent does a lot of work and is always available to receive the ball and a special mention for Pieters who was good again last night for a player of his age to sit on the bench for most of the season he has fitted in pretty well in the last 3 games, overall a good performance and a great result.
    Mowatt was great. Bags of energy up and down the pitch. Corberan has definitely got the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    This is a pretty good summary. I thought Mowatt was probably MOM, but a special mention to both centre halves who were fantastic.

Hull is huge now, avoid defeat and I'll be pretty happy to take 4 points from these two away games.

Great to be down Plymouth last night, and to see the reaction of the players at the end for the support-most gave their shirts away. Baffling for me as to why Bruce chose to loan out Mowatt And Kipre last season, as they're arguably our most consistent performers so far.

Live match attendance over TV any day and not knowing who scored is part of the live experience. All the off the ball stuff is great to watch when the ball is down the other end. You can see friction build between an attacked and his marker. The niggly conversation between players.
    Camers kind of intrude on that nowadays... a bit like spying..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)