+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Please stop defending people who are incompetent.

LR is a coaching assistant at best
    Tony Stewart is in decline.

We are in a dreadful state.

Wake up

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Please stop defending people who are incompetent.

LR is a coaching assistant at best
    Tony Stewart is in decline.

We are in a dreadful state.

Wake up
    I’m always as optimistic as I can be regarding the Millers.

I think that last night was a step in the right direction. My honest thoughts on LR is that it hasn’t worked for him in regards to this season but I can see how he’s changing things.
    I think that there are a couple or 3 players that were in the team last night that weren’t up to the same level as the rest where it has been 8 players not up to it in previous weeks.

My thoughts are this. LR should be given next season at least with players he can convince to come to us.

TS will see next season and then he’ll stand down.

Rotherham United will then be in the wilderness and we as fans will be the most unsure about our future than we’ve been in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Only seen brief highlights but team selection tells me LR & his assistant aren't up to the job. Peltier should be with Woody on a deck chair in the garden! Never play Hugill & Eaves together up front. Clucas he's not quick enough now to play wide left. Ferguson should have started wide left if he could only have given us 60 mins.
    Did you at least watch the extended highlights?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    He has an awful job at the moment, the points total says we are worse and at the end that is what determines a good or bad season. However, we are playing some nice football at times, we have learned to recycle the ball rather than panic and just lump it forward. Some of our players look better players than before and look up to wearing the shirt. How MT didn’t think Kioso was good enough is beyond me, how PW didn’t think Odoffin was good enough is as bad………but every manager sees players differently and it is good that two players at the right age that are contracted with us have really stepped up, there are others as well. I genuinely think if TS does what he said in his interview and invests again in this manager and in the infrastructure that is clearly needed we can have a positive season next season. I actually think that the infrastructure plan and investment is more important this summer than the first team squad, we have a core that can do well in L1 we need to keep them developing and fit, reducing the risk of injury and that requires supporting infrastructure.
    I agree Derby. The core for next season will be;

Odoffin
    Tiehi
    Nombe
    Kioso
    Humphreys
    Eaves
    Hugill
    Green
    Rathbone (I think we have an option for another year)
    It's easy to laugh at Eaves and Hugill but trust me,they will be a different proposition in League 1.You also have to presume Victor will leave.
    I've also a gut feeling that Morrison will be offered another year which on merit wouldn't be a bad decision as long as you don't offer deals to 3 other 35 year old injury prone defenders.
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 21-02-2024 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Did you at least watch the extended highlights?

Brief highlights were enough. I sit behind our technical area at home games LR & his assistant look lost. Players won't believe in them. Need a management team in now they do if we're going to get the likes of Odoffin & Rathbone to sign new contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post

Odoffin
    Tiehi
    Nombe
    Kioso
    Humphreys
    Eaves
    Hugill
    Green
    It's easy to laugh at Eaves and Hugill but trust me,they will be a different proposition in League 1.You also have to presume Victor will leave.
    I've also a gut feeling that Morrison will be offered another year which on merit wouldn't be a bad decision as long as you don't offer deals to 3 other 35 year old injury prone defenders.

Oh come on - please dont start suggesting Eaves will be a different propostion. He's finished - if indeed he ever got started.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post

Odoffin
    Tiehi
    Nombe
    Kioso
    Humphreys
    Eaves
    Hugill
    Green

Green can't see nothing in him replace him with McGuckin.

Brief highlights were enough. I sit behind our technical area at home games LR & his assistant look lost. Players won't believe in them. Need a management team in now they do if we're going to get the likes of Odoffin & Rathbone to sign new contracts.
    Which puts the emphasis on Rob Scott to get involved and help determine who's next, and the red-wine fueled carnage that follows. Jesus...

Medication wearing off again?
    Maybe you should take more notice of people who actually watched the whole game rather than just spout your blinkered view based on brief edited highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Medication wearing off again?
    Maybe you should take more notice of people who actually watched the whole game rather than just spout your blinkered view based on brief edited highlights.

If they were there yes not by streaming or whatever.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast