+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Crewe Alexandra (H) 24.02.24

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    Next two games are absolutely must win. Fail to do so then I feel it’s a mid table finish and a complete rebuild for next year.
    That depends on other results. It’s so tight that 2 games winning / losing isn’t terminal. It’s not the same as last season where you knew that you needed to win 90% of games. The teams in and around us are as inconsistent as we are, that’s why we are all on 44-48 points.
    of course winning both would make our task easier and the opposite if we lose both. Either way the season is unlikely to be determined by these next 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That depends on other results. It’s so tight that 2 games winning / losing isn’t terminal. It’s not the same as last season where you knew that you needed to win 90% of games. The teams in and around us are as inconsistent as we are, that’s why we are all on 44-48 points.
    of course winning both would make our task easier and the opposite if we lose both. Either way the season is unlikely to be determined by these next 2 games.
    By that reconning we'll finish 10th then

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Surprised there’s no question regarding Jatta
    Maynard had nothing to saynard about the Jatta matta.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    We always seem to do alright against Crewe at home. Can’t believe we’ve lost so many games and are still in playoff contention. There’s no reason this team can’t smash out a run and get up… starting Saturday
    I'm hopeful too. I remember under Birchnall we slipped out the playoffs and then had a relatively easy run of games before the end of the season, which saw us finish fifth. With most of the tough fixtures behind us, no reason we can't get enough points to sneak seventh.

Not sure I get this "easier run" view.

Just looked at the remaining fixtures. The only so called weaker teams are Sutton and FGR. All the others are decent and very unpredictable, Swindon, Crawley, Walsall etc.

Notts are hardly in great form.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Not sure I get this "easier run" view.

Just looked at the remaining fixtures. The only so called weaker teams are Sutton and FGR. All the others are decent and very unpredictable, Swindon, Crawley, Walsall etc.

Notts are hardly in great form.
    We're just coming to the end of the hardest run of fixtures we'll face all season, at least on paper.

We haven't lost at home to Crewe since 1997 (0-1 under Allardyce with Shaun Derry sent off), eight league games unbeaten since then.
    My optimism begins to deflate when I look at their results since Boxing Day, only lost 1 in 10 league games, won 6 drawn 3 and kept a clean sheet in half of those games, winning away at both Stockport and Mansfield.
    Tough fixture.

A couple of stats.....

We haven't gone three home league games without a win since March 2021 when Ardley was still in charge, we're currently 2 home without a win.

We haven't lost two home league games on the trot since Mark Crossley was caretaker, taking over from Nolan for a home loss to FGR in September 2018. A little surprising that we went through the rest of that awful relegation season always picking up at least a point from every two home games.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Why do you think we need a complete rebuild laddo?
    Because I suspect macca, jones and Crowley will all be gone if we are still in league 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast