+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship Club QPR - Post Losses of More Than £22m in Annual Report for 2023

Championship Club QPR - Post Losses of More Than £22m in Annual Report for 2023

Championship club QPR have posted losses of more than £22m for 2023
    according to the clubs latest annual report.

This comes after the club made losses of £24.2m in 2022.

The club did not spend anything on player purchases in the 2022-23 season.
    With 3 shareholders lending more than £30m last season, & continue to
    fund the losses.

Player sales in 2023 brought £2m into the club.

Wage spending at the club is 9% above the clubs total income, while £12m
    was spent last year on improving facilities at the clubs new training ground.

QPR still owe the EFL £10.22m of the financial fair play settlement fine, they
    agreed in 2018 for historic over spending on players transfers.

The clubs ability to finance future transfers are set to be boosted in the summer
    2024 once the expensive 2021 player purchases of Charlie Austin & Stefan
    Johansen roll out of the three-year FFP cycle.

Thanks for that Eric says it all really as regards what we’re up against and this is a club that’s 2 places above us but might as well be on another planet for what sums are being mentioned
    Parachute payments jaw dropping player contracts referees favouring the big clubs on 50/50 decisions all these and more make it not so much an uphill battle but scaling Everest with both arms and legs chopped off

I must confess that I struggle to understand the FFP rules and the way sanctions are applied to clubs who break them but when you read that information about QPR it seems clear the authorities are simply inept.
    The sad reality is, even if QPR were deducted 10 points they would still have 3 more than us ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I must confess that I struggle to understand the FFP rules and the way sanctions are applied to clubs who break them but when you read that information about QPR it seems clear the authorities are simply inept.
    The sad reality is, even if QPR were deducted 10 points they would still have 3 more than us ☹️
    Not after Saturday they won’t !

This could be our chance of getting off the bottom of the table. Whey hey.