+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LUFC.Badge

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Mate, I’d go a white rose … LUFC across it on a blue, yellow and white background. That’s all anyone needs to know
    Always loved the smiley badge

Kiss my badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    One factor that the thread overlooks is mobile phone design impact & another example of how modern tec is taking tradition out of the game.

As all club logos need to stand out on mobiles & have to work at really small 16x16 pixel size,
    its not easy to incorporate those fine older club heraldic extra details from years gone by & with added colours the worse they can look.

This clamour for simple identifiable emblems has caused many club fans in France & Italy to voice outrage - the new "J" Juventus badge/emblem is a shocker, as to is my local Nantes offering of an "N".

Once clubs represented cities & towns emblems flown on town halls but now not so much.
    The City of Leeds Owls dont really scream Leeds Utd nowadays on first glance - so all facts considered our club badge a'int a bad 'un & can be seen amongst all the sponsors garb around it via our various kit colours now on offer.
    It would seem, from the very small sample of responses generated so far, that a new badge (reflecting new ownership and a new direction for the club, reflecting its roots?), would be welcome? If as you have said previously, the club actually digest some, if not all of what is posted here (and elsewhere of course), they might take heed and perhaps conduct a supporters survey on the subject (get engagement with the rank and file, hmmm?)

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Kiss my badge.
    Judging by the time of your valuable contribution William, I strongly suspect you were Lilian Gished and this morning won't recall sharing your desires regarding your sphincter.....

Careful what you wish for - the current badge is pretty inoffensive.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    It would seem, from the very small sample of responses generated so far, that a new badge (reflecting new ownership and a new direction for the club, reflecting its roots?), would be welcome? If as you have said previously, the club actually digest some, if not all of what is posted here (and elsewhere of course), they might take heed and perhaps conduct a supporters survey on the subject (get engagement with the rank and file, hmmm?)
    A quick ask of my friends suggests the current badge does the job, WTF !
    Unlike our last effort resulting in the 77,000 signed petition of complaints by LUFC fans.

Asked folks over all gender, age, background not just from the city & county but based all over UK with agreement that it appeals well to our growing international fanbase too.

Concensus was sad that some clubs switched to simpler badges to be instantly recognisable so becoming more like a market-brand rather than keeping some kinda original local historical link to a football club.

Villa spent over £80,000 in 2016 for there new badge design - spot the difference. 😂

This season another new Villa one at further cost as under FA rules, "a majority of fans" must be in favour of changes & clubs must undertake a "thorough & extensive consultation process."
    This is what they got !

Graphic design "trends" are constantly changing & minimalist is the buzz word in that field currently it would appear in design & colour.
    Personally i dont like simplistic designs, likewise my friends - which is strange as we grew up wearing sportswear with simple logos like Lacoste, Fila, Kappa, Nike & Converse.

Actually went to Art college to perfect my interest in Contemporary works but never used white backgrounds for my work & that visual concept sticks with me regarding our white strip, as i'd prefer the blue & gold to be more prominent in our kit colours.
    Designed/printed a few flag banners for my friends over the seasons when at college usually on royal blue backgrounds by request.

Certainly my parents like the white strip, they would prefer the yellow & blue combo for an away strip for sure with my Dad wanting the simple 1960's Owl to return for our badge but my Mum prefers the embroided LUFC.

Maybe the age of Leeds fans differs the likes of what should go into our club badge ?

Strange also that really young kids refer to club badges nowadays as logos whilst my Gran still calls them crests.😄

(LEEDS UNITED BRAND PROTECTION)
    https://www.leedsunited.com/news/clu...0be%20obtained.

Sometimes you get secondary logos/badges at the back of the shirt at the base of the neck.

Could have a smiley logo or white rose there I guess if people felt strongly and I think that may have happened on some previous shirts but can’t remember

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    A quick ask of my friends suggests the current badge does the job, WTF !
    Unlike our last effort resulting in the 77,000 signed petition of complaints by LUFC fans.

Asked folks over all gender, age, background not just from the city & county but based all over UK with agreement that it appeals well to our growing international fanbase too.

Concensus was sad that some clubs switched to simpler badges to be instantly recognisable so becoming more like a market-brand rather than keeping some kinda original local historical link to a football club.

Villa spent over £80,000 in 2016 for there new badge design - spot the difference. ��

This season another new Villa one at further cost as under FA rules, "a majority of fans" must be in favour of changes & clubs must undertake a "thorough & extensive consultation process."
    This is what they got !

Graphic design "trends" are constantly changing & minimalist is the buzz word in that field currently it would appear in design & colour.
    Personally i dont like simplistic designs, likewise my friends - which is strange as we grew up wearing sportswear with simple logos like Lacoste, Fila, Kappa, Nike & Converse.

Actually went to Art college to perfect my interest in Contemporary works but never used white backgrounds for my work & that visual concept sticks with me regarding our white strip, as i'd prefer the blue & gold to be more prominent in our kit colours.
    Designed/printed a few flag banners for my friends over the seasons when at college usually on royal blue backgrounds by request.

Certainly my parents like the white strip, they would prefer the yellow & blue combo for an away strip for sure with my Dad wanting the simple 1960's Owl to return for our badge but my Mum prefers the embroided LUFC.

Maybe the age of Leeds fans differs the likes of what should go into our club badge ?

Strange also that really young kids refer to club badges nowadays as logos whilst my Gran still calls them crests.��

(LEEDS UNITED BRAND PROTECTION)
    https://www.leedsunited.com/news/clu...0be%20obtained.
    I don't doubt your popularity MT, however I'd suspect that even your large circle of friends doesn't extend to the whole of the supporter cohort for LUFC (your comment "A quick ask of my friends suggests the current badge does the job, WTF !", applies)

I did suggest that if the club takes any notice of the wider supporter sentiment, it might be a good idea to undertake a supporter survey (your further comment "This season another new Villa one at further cost as under FA rules, "a majority of fans" must be in favour of changes & clubs must undertake a "thorough & extensive consultation process.""), to establish A. Does the current badge suffice? B. Ideas for a change (driven perhaps by some ideas from the club itself).

The relatively limited number of posts on this thread would indicate that there are varying opinions, although I don't think it's unfair on the current badge to say its a bit bland. Perhpas something more "Leeds" and inspiring might emerge from a consultation, and it wouldn't harm the engagement with the supporters generally. What's to lose?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)