+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ex Baggie dies

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Know what you mean! It does seem that so many of the cultural icons of my youth have now passed, whether from film/tv, sport or music. Some passed too soon but sobering to think that most were in their eighties which isn't so very far away in the scheme of things. More of worry to me is that both my parents are now 90 and whilst in relatively good health for their age I'm still dreading the inevitable. I suppose your sixties is also when you generally first begin to feel the affect of ageing so whilst the mind thinks one thing, the body tells you something else!😁 Perhaps this creeping sense of our own mortality is what also begins to kick start the Victor Meldrew syndrome in many of us at this age-or is that just me? Hey ho, carpe diem and all that.
    My dad dies 6 days short of his 68th birthday, mum is half way almost to 86 and as fit as a fiddle and no dementia issues.

I’d have loved to have had my dad until he was 90+, I’d be 64 and he’d still be around.

Lost a very old friend last week at 59 from an out of the blue heart attack and then heard that my nephews wife of 42 has terminal pancreatic cancer.

She went into hospital for a simple gallbladder op and when they went in she was riddled with cancer…….went in expecting to come out feeling like new and finds out she’s got weeks at most to live.

Ever since I was a child I’ve contemplated my own mortality, even if I live until I’m 80 I only have about 6,400 days left.

I’ve already had close on 24,000 days so it puts it in perspective really.

I’ll maybe not bother with getting those new slippers.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My dad dies 6 days short of his 68th birthday, mum is half way almost to 86 and as fit as a fiddle and no dementia issues.

I’d have loved to have had my dad until he was 90+, I’d be 64 and he’d still be around.

Lost a very old friend last week at 59 from an out of the blue heart attack and then heard that my nephews wife of 42 has terminal pancreatic cancer.

She went into hospital for a simple gallbladder op and when they went in she was riddled with cancer…….went in expecting to come out feeling like new and finds out she’s got weeks at most to live.

Ever since I was a child I’ve contemplated my own mortality, even if I live until I’m 80 I only have about 6,400 days left.

I’ve already had close on 24,000 days so it puts it in perspective really.

I’ll maybe not bother with getting those new slippers.
    Sorry to hear about the death of your friend Mick and sympathise with you regarding your nephew's wife as currently have both a close relative and a work colleague / friend going through treatment for pancreatic cancer.

As for the counting my days thing I haven't reached that stage yet although I must admit that retirement can't come soon enough! My Mrs reckons I'll be a nightmare when I leave work but, whilst money will be tight so won't be able to do all the travelling I'd once envisaged, I'll have plenty of hobbies and the garden to keep me entertained (provided she doesn't give me too many other jobs to do of course!&#128512

Phild, Matt Le Tiss has been very outspoken about this. I agree with him but he has been de-platformed and cancelled. Why? What have the got to hide?!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)