+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glad I don't live in the Argyll And Bute council area

Glad I don't live in the Argyll And Bute council area

10% increase in Council Tax despite the rest of Scotland's being frozen.

I suppose if you live in such a beautiful area that thrives on tourism you need to suffer somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

I suppose if you live in such a beautiful area that thrives on tourism you need to suffer somehow.
    Bring back the community charge.

As long as everyone has to pay 10% more that seems progress.

I thought they weren't allowed to raise it this year? I thought Yusaf announced at the party conference it was to be frozen?

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    I thought they weren't allowed to raise it this year? I thought Yusaf announced at the party conference it was to be frozen?
    Just heard on the news that they're doing it despite that directive.

When you have weak government anarchy is a real possibility.

Just heard on the news that they're doing it despite that directive.

When you have weak government anarchy is a real possibility.
    I think the councils were looking for the SNP to make up the shortfall as it was them who promised it but they have refused to do so, that might give councils the legal argument they need to raise it. You said the rest of Scotland is to be frozen I think only Glasgow has agreed to freeze it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Bring back the community charge.
    The fairest of all the options for local taxation done down by rentamob at the time because they thought it was 'unfair'.

I am furious about this 10% unnecessary increase in the council tax which voted through by the incompetent Argyll and Bute Councillors.
    You may have seen Councillor Robin Currie who is the Leader of Argyll and Bute Council.
    The is hopeless as a councillor and only replies to emails from his constituents when the local authority elections are coming up.
    I have already sent an email to the three Argyll and Bute Councillors who represent the Kintyre and the Islands council ward which covers the island of Islay namely Councillor Robin Currie, Councillor Alastair ‘Bob’ Redman and Councillor Dougie McFadzen complaining bitterly about this ridiculous and unnecessary 10% increase in the Argyll and Bute Council tax.
    It will be interesting to see if I receive a reply from any of them. I am hopeful that I might receive a reply from Councillor McFadzen (See below).
    Councillor McFadzen comes from the Motherwell area and he supports Motherwell FC.
    The other two Councillors are Ileachs who are frightened to put heads above the parapet let alone answer an email!!
    Last Tuesday 20th February 2024 when it was first announced that the Argyll and Bute Council officials wanted a 6.1% increase in the Council tax for the 2024/25 financial year I wrote an email Councillors Currie, Redman and McFadzen advising them that there was no need to increase the council tax as they were receiving the same amount from the Scottish Government as they were proposing to increase the council tax by.
    I received a reply from Councillor McFadzen but not Councillors Currie and Redman.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 23-02-2024 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    The fairest of all the options for local taxation done down by rentamob at the time because they thought it was 'unfair'.
    The community charge was the best option as the rates and the council tax are a tax on trying to better yourself.

If anyone is thinking of having a driving holiday in the Argyll and Bute Council they better be prepared for the non trunk pot hole ridden roads which come under the responsibility of Argyll and Bute Council.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)