+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad Demise Of Torquay Utd

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I was just looking at the tables for 10 years ago, 2013/14........

Yeovil and Doncaster were both in the Championship.

Wolves, Sheff Utd and Brentford were all in the 3rd tier.

Luton were in the National League.

S****horpe won promotion into tier 3 that season with Rochdale.
    Dagenham & Redbridge and York both finished just outside the 4th tier play offs.
    Bristol Rovers relegated into tier 5.
    Stockport finished 14th in tier 6 below Colwyn Bay and Leamington.

An awful lot can change in a decade!
    You wonder how long the Brothers will keep Notts for. If they decide to sell the club do you think they would publicise it or would it just come as a shock sale. I think the latter unless we were in financial distress which with these owners is as unlikey as any owner in my living memory. I do wonder often how long they will keep Notts for as I am very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    You wonder how long the Brothers will keep Notts for. If they decide to sell the club do you think they would publicise it or would it just come as a shock sale. I think the latter unless we were in financial distress which with these owners is as unlikey as any owner in my living memory. I do wonder often how long they will keep Notts for as I am very happy with them.
    I think unless they hit some significant external finance pressure I think notts are part of their business plan. So I think we are safe for a few years at least.

You wonder how long the Brothers will keep Notts for.
    I can't see a team like Notts ever running at a profit year on year, so I hope the Brothers keep Notts at least until I win the Euromillions.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I think unless they hit some significant external finance pressure I think notts are part of their business plan. So I think we are safe for a few years at least.
    I would expect the next change of ownership to come out of the blue, not the sort of protracted drama that we've seen played out in public in more recent times.

If they do decide to sell, I hope they do so to people with similar ideals and ambitions. More a passing on the baton than a complete change.

Assuming their other businesses and sources of funding stay secure, I suspect this is a very long term thing. Just get the impression they aren't your average owners who are either looking to make money out of it or some adulation/approval from people, I think they just enjoy it, basically being rich enough to play a real life game of football manager.

If they do decide to sell then I'm sure that they will ensure that the usual chancers will be given short shrift. Hopefully those days are now behind us, it's difficult to imagine the Brothers tossing all of their efforts and investment in the bin by selling to the crooks that invariably come sniffing round when a club is up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Assuming their other businesses and sources of funding stay secure, I suspect this is a very long term thing. Just get the impression they aren't your average owners who are either looking to make money out of it or some adulation/approval from people, I think they just enjoy it, basically being rich enough to play a real life game of football manager.
    That's the impression I got as well. Their approach is about incremental improvements over time, not splashing the cash in hope of short-term success. It would make no sense for them to walk away after a few years. I think it all depends on their financial situation and whether they can continue to fund the club sufficiently when needed to make us successful. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    To some extent and it suits them at the moment clearly. Things change so history tells me not to be complacent . Great owners and you do what you do.

Most of their "success" was also due to having Alan Hill as manager
    It was Keith ("if we don't catch them the tax man will") Hill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast