+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vinni's latest Presser

All of last years squad must at the end of last season relished the thought of playing regularly in the Premier league againt some world class opponents.

They must have been total dismayed to see their chances of getting to play in the Premier league disappear with each new signing made in the summer transfer window. Especially where the incoming players where no better than those we had in last seasons squad Of the players bought or loaned to replace our last seasons loans most were less effective than those loans.

We also saw that during our preseason that Andros Townsend looked a class above our incoming players. yet although he was offered a contract that was then withdrawn, to keep Nathan Redmond. Townsend then moved to Luton and as done really well for them.

It looks like we created our own shambles and it will take a lot to restore confidence in Vincent Kompany to those of last seasons squad who probably feel badly let down I know I would be dismayed.

The Clarets fan base must also be wondering how or why we have not been able to achieve even the will to fight for our club to be in the premier league during some games.

Alan Pace / Vincent Kompany must be blind / deaf or both not to realise the mire we now find ourselves in, or they just do not care. I would suggest the all of our management team needs to be schooled in loyalty to their players, which this season appears to have been somewhat lacking.

At this point in time with relegation looking only a matter of time than we should look to be playing those who are contracted to BFC rather than any players on loan unless we have no alternative, such as at right back.

I remember thinking when we turned Bournemouth inside out on their own turf last season that we would be fine in the Prem. If we'd spent the money on our loan players instead of wasting it on unknowns we'd have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    All of last years squad must at the end of last season relished the thought of playing regularly in the Premier league againt some world class opponents.

They must have been total dismayed to see their chances of getting to play in the Premier league disappear with each new signing made in the summer transfer window. Especially where the incoming players where no better than those we had in last seasons squad Of the players bought or loaned to replace our last seasons loans most were less effective than those loans.

We also saw that during our preseason that Andros Townsend looked a class above our incoming players. yet although he was offered a contract that was then withdrawn, to keep Nathan Redmond. Townsend then moved to Luton and as done really well for them.

It looks like we created our own shambles and it will take a lot to restore confidence in Vincent Kompany to those of last seasons squad who probably feel badly let down I know I would be dismayed.

The Clarets fan base must also be wondering how or why we have not been able to achieve even the will to fight for our club to be in the premier league during some games.

Alan Pace / Vincent Kompany must be blind / deaf or both not to realise the mire we now find ourselves in, or they just do not care. I would suggest the all of our management team needs to be schooled in loyalty to their players, which this season appears to have been somewhat lacking.

At this point in time with relegation looking only a matter of time than we should look to be playing those who are contracted to BFC rather than any players on loan unless we have no alternative, such as at right back.
    Just so I知 clear who from our retained existing championship players would have fared any better than what we committed to.

I知 kind of intrigued as to which players would have been better than what we bought not played

I知 interested to what people think would have worked against what we have played or bought

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Just so I知 clear who from our retained existing championship players would have fared any better than what we committed to.

I知 kind of intrigued as to which players would have been better than what we bought not played

I知 interested to what people think would have worked against what we have played or bought
    Unfortunately we will never know who in our Championship winning team would have made it in the Premier League, because they were never given the chance to play as a team in the Premier League.

Muric should definately have been given a chance, as Trafford may be one for the future but at the start of this seaon he had no league match experience above EPL division 1.

Although pure speculation on my part I think that Harwood-Bellis would have been a better buy that O'Shea, also Tella over Amdouni.

The success for this season appears to be Koloesho and Oderbert, but I do not think Tresor or Bruun-Larsen offer any more than Zourory and Benson.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I remember thinking when we turned Bournemouth inside out on their own turf last season that we would be fine in the Prem. If we'd spent the money on our loan players instead of wasting it on unknowns we'd have been fine.
    Totally agree with you, the Bournemouth cup game gave me some real hope we would be a mid-table side.

Stan's blind man on a galloping horse can see we are f*cked alfie.

We have won just three games all season, where on earth are going to find another eight to have any chance of staying up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)