+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Alfie

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Are you having any success at the Cheltenham Festival sinkov?
    Not yesterday Outwood, not a bad day, just a few quid down, but I keep trying to get Willie Mullins good things beat, which is mostly a futile exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not yesterday Outwood, not a bad day, just a few quid down, but I keep trying to get Willie Mullins good things beat, which is mostly a futile exercise.
    Finding something at a fair price that does well in the very soft ground could be the key not that I know much. I did love to go on office trips to York and Chester Races but I haven’t been to the races in years. Would it be mad to suggest a day at the Races? I reckon I could still catch a train to York or Chester.

I stopped going to the races a few years ago Outwood, and even then it was only the smaller tracks I went to midweek, Ripon, Catterick, Pontefract etc. the bigger tracks like York, Chester, Haydock were far too busy, I gave up to them years ago. I used to go a lot but I'm not really up to it anymore.

When I retired ,I was a member at Ripon for quite a lot of years,great course made some good friend in members enclosure and I had some good wins there ,on one occasion especially after eavesdropping two trainers talking and one saying his horse won win easy. I put 50quid on at 8/1 and it won by the shortest of short heads you could imagine..😎

Poor Cheltenham for me with all short prices winning so not been betting much. That Mullins fellow spoils it for everybody
    😉

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    When I retired ,I was a member at Ripon for quite a lot of years,great course made some good friend in members enclosure and I had some good wins there ,on one occasion especially after eavesdropping two trainers talking and one saying his horse won win easy. I put 50quid on at 8/1 and it won by the shortest of short heads you could imagine..��
    Me and the missus were Annual Members at Ripon from 2010 until 2021, used to spend a lot of time in the Annual Members bar, quite possible we bumped into each other Alf and just never knew.

Poor Cheltenham for me with all short prices winning so not been betting much. That Mullins fellow spoils it for everybody
    ��
    That was more like it with El Fab pulling up, I was on Captain Guinness at 11/1 and I backed Gentleman de Mee e/w ante post at 40/1 a month ago. Langer Dan and Jasmin De Vaux won as well so I'm back in front after two days.
    I do agree with you Alf, this is the worst Cheltenham I've ever known, the big handicaps are still good betting races but I'm bored witless watching Mullins odds on good things cruising to the front. I don't bother with Irish racing any more due to the Mullins/Elliott domination, but now they've taken over Cheltenham as well, it's just so fecking tedious.

Storm in a teacup ,some people will moan about anything,look at Diane Abbott.😆
    When a bloke like the Tory party donor Frank Hester, said that Ms Abbott made him "want to hate all black women" and that she "should be shot", civil political life in this country is dead.

I have referred this to the police. It's a hate crime. Not hijacking the post sinkov but WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When a bloke like the Tory party donor Frank Hester, said that Ms Abbott made him "want to hate all black women" and that she "should be shot", civil political life in this country is dead.

I have referred this to the police. It's a hate crime. Not hijacking the post sinkov but WTF?
    I thought about you BT when I saw the first report, he has spouted far worse. Should be more than a slap on the wrist and a bit of re-education. I like how the Tories are hanging on to his £10 mill and are happy to receive more if he should offer. Dianne Abbot is now using this to pressure Labour to give her the whip back. No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Me and the missus were Annual Members at Ripon from 2010 until 2021, used to spend a lot of time in the Annual Members bar, quite possible we bumped into each other Alf and just never knew.
    No Sinky ,we were members from 2001 to about 2008, then gave up when we got the motorhome as we would miss most of the meets.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)