+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vote now!

Vote now!

Society members can indicate preference over potential investors in a poll to Wednesday - in email boxes now.

Vote done. 51% is a red line for me. I'm content to give the Society board time to formulate an alternative plan before considering the loss of fan control. It's taken us more than 100 years to win ownership let's not water it down before exploring every other option.

On a partially related note this story raised a smile ‘We won’t be remote-controlled’: how German football fans took on investors and won

Aye, it's certainly the first stop even though I think raising the numbers needed is much more on the club, through a new direction with a CEO, than the Society. Everything helps ofc.

The result is in.

993* Well Society members (a 36% turnout) responded to the poll:

351 votes were cast for the option: I would not consider voting in support of any proposal which would see the Well Society losing its majority shareholding.

642 votes were cast for the option: I would consider voting in support of any investment proposal which would see the Well Society losing its majority shareholding.

It's not the end of the world by any means but the opportunity cost we're about to pay before finally bowing to the inevitable of sorting it ourselves is going to be high.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    642 votes were cast for the option: I would consider voting in support of any investment proposal which would see the Well Society losing its majority shareholding.
    I am very surprised by that result.
    If anything comes out of the enquiries that we regret later down the road it's a sad situation if fewer than 1 in 4 voted here to move ahead and give the deed away.
    Seems like tossing a coin whether whoever ultimately controls the club will maintain a position for the best of the community that the club serves. I don't like those odds, or the sort of things that could follow.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)