+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Isle of Wight Festival 1970

O/T Isle of Wight Festival 1970

Would you have gone to this festival if you had the chance? None of em does anything for me. Tickets were £3

Name:  GGDJA9GW8AAsJ1A.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  18.0 KB

SLY & THE FAMILY STONE
    CAT MOTHER
    TINY TIM
    FREE
    JOHN SEBASTIAN
    EMERSON, LAKE &. PALMER
    MUNGO JERRY
    SPIRIT
    MILES DAVIS
    JOAN BAEZ
    DONOVAN
    LEONARD COHEN
    RICHIE HAVENS MOODY BLUES
    PENTANGLE GOOD NEWS
    RALPH MCTELL
    SPECIAL GUESTS
    JETHRO TULL
    FAMILY TASTE
    PROCOL HARUM
    JAMES TAYLOR
    ARRIVAL MELANIE
    VOICES OF EAST HARLEM
    Last edited by phild; 24-02-2024 at 08:35 AM.

I went. It was great with the best performances being The Who and Jethro Tull. Of course some were very forgettable.

I could not go as I started my apprenticeship on August 10 1970. I eventually saw a few of the bands later on over the years ELP, Procol Harum, Jethro Tull etc. I was really into all that hippy, open air concerts malarkey but now I can't even be bothered to drive to the Robin Hood, Dudley to see anyone.

Would have loved to have gone - but too young back then. Free, Jethro, Cohen … what an incredible line up.

Great line up. Didn't go to that one but went to Bath earlier in year which, if anything had a more stellar line up including Floyd & Led Zep

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)