+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Sidders

Sidders often had that knack of rubbing people up the wrong way, including myself, but regardless of any differences we may have had I’ll be forever grateful for some of the best book recommendations I’ve ever had and it’s never nice to lose a long standing member of the Magpie community. RIP Sidders you definitely left your mark. I wish his family and friends my deepest sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    If I remember correctly Sidders had a lucky escape a few years back.
    RIP
    RIP Sidders.

When I first joined this board just about 14 years ago to the day a lot of messages were about Sidn's fight for life in hospital. Of course at that time I had no idea who this guy was.

He posted on here just a couple of weeks ago: https://boards.footymad.net/showthre...7#post40447257

And typically in schoolteacher fashion and just before the upturn for Chelsea he posted "Pocchetino is a dead man walking."

As far as I recall he was a long time Notts supporter, and sports writer, but had moved to Hull and his long standing health issues precluded travelling to see Notts.

A big shock and condolences to his family.

Very sad news, RIP Sid a definite Mad legend. Very intelligent guy with strong opinions he wasn’t afraid to voice. Thoughts with his family and friends, he’ll be sadly missed by those who knew him.

Sorry to hear this. RIP Sid.

Met up with Alan for my first ever Notts game. Since then we have kept in touch on and off the board. While most here didn’t agree much with his politics, I for the most part did.

RIP my friend. You shall be missed!

RIP Sidders, sometimes controversial and will be sadly missed. Another Magpie flies high...

So sorry to hear about Sid/Alan and best wishes and commiserations to his friends and family.

He always came across as one who was as principled as he was caring. I disagreed with him rarely (when I used to post) but always found his arguments intelligent and keen to support those areas of society with less access to a noisy voice in their favour.

Rest in peace, but only if you want to.

At the game and just read this about Sid. Such sad news. Rest in peace Sidders. I will miss his posts.

Very sorry to hear this. RIP.

Oh dear me, what a shock. I for one enjoyed his politics and mischief making. A fantastic MAD personality that will be missed by many.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast