+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RIP Sidders

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
    His family are just round the corner from me, and his grandson and my son are good friends (a junior notts fan). Very active in the local community on the parish council and as a teacher of renown in the area. Would often chat with him at school pick up. His IRL persona was the same as people have pointed to on here as well.
    Great to hear more about him Skatorna, I know from speaking to him on here years ago he had some books published and has said on here before about his years as a journalist. I can imagine him on the parish council as well. What sad news this is mate, really took me by surprise today. Please pass my condolences onto his family and he will be missed. Good to see another junior magpie as well, good luck to him as we all know what supporting Notts is like! All the best and he won't be forgotten RIP.

I would like to think Sid and 59 have found each other and having a drink together, definitely not agreeing about some things but loving Notts all the same.

Rest in Peace Sid.

I very really post on here these days but after over 20 years losing another one is always sad, never met him, never debated with but always aware of him.. RIP Sid.

Very sad news RIP Sid.

Sad news indeed, rest easy Sid/Alan.

It's nice to imagine that he and Dave (Lord Magwales) are somewhere reminiscing and sharing a host of funny tales.

Only just logged in to NCM and seen the news about Sidn...It was my first thoughts Cher Sidn and Lord Mags bless them both...I read one of Alan's books last year "Football's not the only Game" good read, got it off Amazon kindle...I remember back in the day when Sidn would correct posters spellings including mine...Rest in peace Sidn.

Rest in peace Sidders. We had a few wrangles on her, but I always enjoyed it.

Very saddened to hear about the passing of Sid/Alan.

Some good tributes in this thread which I can only echo. The amount of posts show that he had made an impact on this board over a number of years. From his spell checking as a teacher, to his debate provoking posts there was always something that would make the board a more colourful place.

Once again we are reminded that ultimately despite differing views people may have everyone who contributes here all shares the fundamental of being part of the Notts family and makes this board what it is.

Condolences to Sid/Alans family and friends.RIP.

R.I.P Alan/Sid.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast