+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time to go Grady

Time to go Grady

Ratings look about right. As for Diangana, tbh, I thought that he did make a difference last time out but today he may as well not even have been on the pitch. I actually believe that he does have ability but he is far too inconsistent and far too lightweight, particularly against stronger opposition. Certainly he never performs over 90 minutes and don't think he should start games, although I do still think that he remains a useful option to bring on. The problem is that whilst it's important to have a number of back up squad players (who might also offer different qualities for particular matches) he's bloody expensive to retain as a player just to use in this capacity!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Ratings look about right. As for Diangana, tbh, I thought that he did make a difference last time out but today he may as well not even have been on the pitch. I actually believe that he does have ability but he is far too inconsistent and far too lightweight, particularly against stronger opposition. Certainly he never performs over 90 minutes and don't think he should start games, although I do still think that he remains a useful option to bring on. The problem is that whilst it's important to have a number of back up squad players (who might also offer different qualities for particular matches) he's bloody expensive to retain as a player just to use in this capacity!
    He’s definitely got talent but he’s been here too long with us hoping he’ll come good. Players go through him like he’s a ghost.

A player of obvious ability but also very obvious that he is too lightweight. He is far too easily brushed aside in a tackle. He shouldn’t’ be in the starting line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    A player of obvious ability but also very obvious that he is too lightweight. He is far too easily brushed aside in a tackle. He shouldn’t’ be in the starting line-up.

Best and fairest assessment. Clearly he has ability but to me I would question whether the heart is there! Needs to get back on form as our 15 million investment at the moment looks like 3 million.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Best and fairest assessment. Clearly he has ability but to me I would question whether the heart is there! Needs to get back on form as our 15 million investment at the moment looks like 3 million.
    £3 million, that much? BTA was around £300,000 I believe; I know which one I think is worth the most.

He's certainly too lightweight to be playing in the congested midfield. Only on the wing where he gets room to run at players is he occasionally effective. Problem with that is Wallace, Fellows and Johnston are in front of him. So for me it is time to go.

It’s hard to see what he brings any more. He lost a yard of explosivity when he got injured in the prem and his confidence has gone having struggled for form.

Like Grant, he needs a move for the sake of his career.

I wonder about his focus, not just in a match but for his career. Mentality is so important to make a consistent presence. Fellows looks like he’s got the bit between his teeth whereas Grady looks like half of him has his sandals on at the beach.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)