+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings v Crewe

Ratings v Crewe

Thought I'd start the ratings early, normally I'd wait till the emotions died down , but need to get it out my system -

Hammond - 4 At fault for at least 1 goal ( beaten at distance at near post ). Poor kicking and distribution. Took far too long on the ball.

Macari - 6 some great passes in first half , was at fault for 3rd, lost confidence as game wore on.

Baldwin - 6 Best of a bad bunch . At fault for 1 goal , played too many back passes but few important interventions.

Cameron 5 - Some half decent forward moves but terrible as per norm in defence and definitely nit Captain material. I'd be more motivated by watching paint dry.

Warner - 4 Just not his day, doesn't seem to have the pace he was brought in for, some poor passing, no confidence.

Bostock - 3 looks disinterested, lazy passing, got booked, gifted them a goal,no forward vision , just not last year's player and I wouldn't renew his contract.

Robertson - 7 MOM The driving force in first half, energy, desire, tackling and also some great through balls. Faded slightly in second half but bizarre substition.

Crowley - 5 Another who seems to have lost his mojo. Slow passing, far too many back passes, rarely took his man on and didn't even have an eye for goal.

Jones - 5 Rarely has a bad game but did today. Didn't take his man on half as much as usual. Too slow in putting crosses in, allowing them to reset. Their defence had the measure of him.

Didzy - 6 Lots of effort as always, few nice touches but looks jaded and needs a rest.

Langstaff - 5 Something has been off with McCauley since transfer Window. Lost his edge and goal scoring prowess. Not the poacher he was. Not helped by poor supply but league 2 defenders are getting wise to him now.

Subs O'Brien 6 - Lots of energy and running around, some scary moments too and at least got us a goal back and made last 15 mins worth watching .

Nemane - 5 - Continues to frustrate me with his stopping and not taking his man on. Missed a sitter, had couple other chances in box but dithered. Did at least put some effort in.

Austin - 5 Can't fault his energy , but can fault most of the rest. Rarely beat first man with crosses. 2 very weak headers in scoring positions. Looks devoid of any confidence.

Jatta - 7 At last an awkward and fast centre forward. Lots of energy and chased down several list causes. Caused them to panic at the back. Got no protection from ref and was pulled and pushed all over the pitch. Got a good feeling though.

Ref - 2 That's for turning up!! He gave them everything, was weak, clueless, fell for their time wasting and fake injuries. Dubious penalty and then didn't give us one the other way .

Maynard - 2 Oh dear ! Changed systems twice at least, destroyed the young lads confidence bringing him off so early. The team were flat, lacked energy, incisiveness and attacking acumen. We look like Burchnall side, far too often ball going back, too slow in build up and transition. A little worried to say the least.

Unless we stop conceding early goals, there is little hope of reaching the play-offs

Not sure I could mark any of these differently.... Bostock was garbage today, as the OP said he just doesn't look interested, felt for Langstaff today, devoid of service... Hammond was terrible today, let a daisy cutter in at the near post and took forever to do anything with the ball... the back line were the usual shambles, we look terrified when a team attacks us, our inability to beat anybody semi decent will see us float around the bottom 6 by the end of the season...at the start of the season I would of taken safety but I suppose our decent start gave me false hope...on to Sutton now, loose that and questions will probably have to be answered about the appointment of Maynard

Langstaff has 4 in 8 since transfer window so not too bad.

The problem like ive said in match thread is we are so slow at attacking teams are able to get back in packs meaning not much space as gaps are plugged.

Robertson was good today though agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Thought I'd start the ratings early, normally I'd wait till the emotions died down , but need to get it out my system -

Hammond - 4 At fault for at least 1 goal ( beaten at distance at near post ). Poor kicking and distribution. Took far too long on the ball.

Macari - 6 some great passes in first half , was at fault for 3rd, lost confidence as game wore on.

Baldwin - 6 Best of a bad bunch . At fault for 1 goal , played too many back passes but few important interventions.

Cameron 5 - Some half decent forward moves but terrible as per norm in defence and definitely nit Captain material. I'd be more motivated by watching paint dry.

Warner - 4 Just not his day, doesn't seem to have the pace he was brought in for, some poor passing, no confidence.

Bostock - 3 looks disinterested, lazy passing, got booked, gifted them a goal,no forward vision , just not last year's player and I wouldn't renew his contract.

Robertson - 7 MOM The driving force in first half, energy, desire, tackling and also some great through balls. Faded slightly in second half but bizarre substition.

Crowley - 5 Another who seems to have lost his mojo. Slow passing, far too many back passes, rarely took his man on and didn't even have an eye for goal.

Jones - 5 Rarely has a bad game but did today. Didn't take his man on half as much as usual. Too slow in putting crosses in, allowing them to reset. Their defence had the measure of him.

Didzy - 6 Lots of effort as always, few nice touches but looks jaded and needs a rest.

Langstaff - 5 Something has been off with McCauley since transfer Window. Lost his edge and goal scoring prowess. Not the poacher he was. Not helped by poor supply but league 2 defenders are getting wise to him now.

Subs O'Brien 6 - Lots of energy and running around, some scary moments too and at least got us a goal back and made last 15 mins worth watching .

Nemane - 5 - Continues to frustrate me with his stopping and not taking his man on. Missed a sitter, had couple other chances in box but dithered. Did at least put some effort in.

Austin - 5 Can't fault his energy , but can fault most of the rest. Rarely beat first man with crosses. 2 very weak headers in scoring positions. Looks devoid of any confidence.

Jatta - 7 At last an awkward and fast centre forward. Lots of energy and chased down several list causes. Caused them to panic at the back. Got no protection from ref and was pulled and pushed all over the pitch. Got a good feeling though.

Ref - 2 That's for turning up!! He gave them everything, was weak, clueless, fell for their time wasting and fake injuries. Dubious penalty and then didn't give us one the other way .

Maynard - 2 Oh dear ! Changed systems twice at least, destroyed the young lads confidence bringing him off so early. The team were flat, lacked energy, incisiveness and attacking acumen. We look like Burchnall side, far too often ball going back, too slow in build up and transition. A little worried to say the least.
    Think you got them bang on. What is up with Bostock? An absolute colossus at Wembley and the run in. I did see a player interview a few weeks back where they said when he came in for those 2 weeks at the start that he had doubts he could do it anymore and I hate to say it that’s how he looks at the mo. I’ll always rate him for that final as he turned it around for us and we wouldn’t be playing league football now if he wasn’t on the pitch.

Agreed, I will always be thankful for his awesome ,almost single handedly dragging us over the finish line performance at Wembley but boy oh boy where has that player gone?

Match ratings v Crewe

Merged threads
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-02-2024 at 07:04 PM.

re: Ratings

Apart from all the players being rubbish & the manager totally useless it wasn't that bad.

Very close to what I'd give, almost exactly the same as I'd jotted down (give Crowley a 6 though), Robbo also my MoM - again

I'll add to JJ's though - he has to check himself a bit, moving away from playing team football... just enough so you'd notice

Thats pretty much a spot on summary...We are playing like a team in a relegation form...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast