+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the real reason for sacking Dyche?

What was the real reason for sacking Dyche?

As we approach the two year anniversary of the sacking of SD it is becoming more and more apparent that it was neither performances or results that led to his sacking.VK has presided over a much worse season together with much lesser performances resulting in fewer points in the PL.
    Add to this the fact that SD was never seriously backed financially for several transfer windows prior to his dismissal yet VK has had the luxury of spending over £100m after just one,albeit excellent, season.
    The owners obviously wanted a star manager who was both media savvy and who had global appeal in order to help market the club to a wider audience.
    This is a not a nostalgic look back at Sean`s time in charge but a criticism of the inconsistency and double standards being implemented by the current owners.Sean kept the club in the PL on a shoestring against all the odds with his brand of football which love it or hate it the results were unquestionable.
    Surely the loyalty being shown to VK at this current time begs to ask the question why was Sean not given that same time and backing to turn things around after a decade at the club during which time he became almost part of the fabric of BFC.If it was the poor run he had with an ageing squad two years ago then on that evidence surely it is more than time for VK to get the same treatment by the owners.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 25-02-2024 at 10:43 AM.

I have three mates who are very serious Evertonians and are notoriously very fickle.

The will not have one bad word said about SD and claim our loss is there gain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have three mates who are very serious Evertonians and are notoriously very fickle.

And they are right. Dyche is one of the very best managers around. Sacking him was quite frankly criminal

I would think they wanted a manager who would buy into their plan of buying young players who could be improved and sold on at a profit. Dyche who always prefered experience to youth was clearly not that man.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    As we approach the two year anniversary of the sacking of SD it is becoming more and more apparent that it was neither performances or results that led to his sacking.VK has presided over a much worse season together with much lesser performances resulting in fewer points in the PL.
    Add to this the fact that SD was never seriously backed financially for several transfer windows prior to his dismissal yet VK has had the luxury of spending over £100m after just one,albeit excellent, season.
    The owners obviously wanted a star manager who was both media savvy and who had global appeal in order to help market the club to a wider audience.
    This is a not a nostalgic look back at Sean`s time in charge but a criticism of the inconsistency and double standards being implemented by the current owners.Sean kept the club in the PL on a shoestring against all the odds with his brand of football which love it or hate it the results were unquestionable.
    Surely the loyalty being shown to VK at this current time begs to ask the question why was Sean not given that same time and backing to turn things around after a decade at the club during which time he became almost part of the fabric of BFC.If it was the poor run he had with an ageing squad two years ago then on that evidence surely it is more than time for VK to get the same treatment by the owners.
    If all that is true we’d have still been in the Premiership and he would t have had to go.

The style will catch up with him at Everton at some point.

Comparisons are wrong anyway as Dyche did a great job. For Burnley but he’d run his course - results or not the football was dire.

Also VK has had a larger amount of money like you say but they’re not really big money - most of them anyway.

It makes me laugh sometimes - hendrick for 13 million for example ( who I thought did a sterling job most of the time ) was **** according to most on here and our fans.

We’ve simply got it wrong this season that’s all and we didn’t buy enough experienced quality to go with the development players.

I think VK deserves a chance to sort this mess out personally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Fibbers BT they never wanted him hated the idea and I know a couple and they said after watching what we produced in the Premiership they’d rather toast their faces under the grill than have Dyche.
    Reality is he’s a decent fella who’s stabilised the ship for them - but they won’t be happy unless he starts wining stuff - that’s Football and the merry go round will
    Continue.

Regardless of anything they’re languishing around the bottom of the league and have been for several seasons - ( with a better squad than was at Burnley at anytime in truth ).

You are a very tolerant and fair minded fan Army,I wish there were more like you.However,you are not in the majority,whether the fans and more importantly ALK will give VK and his team the time remains to be seen.I just hope that we start well next season which is not Burnley's
    way normally.

[QUOTE=barrie_burn;40457245]You are a very tolerant and fair minded fan Army,I wish there were more like you.However,you are not in the majority,whether the fans and more importantly ALK will give VK and his team the time remains to be seen.I just hope that we start well next season which is not Burnley's
    way

Would be utter insanity to let Kompany lose in this summers transfer window, after the mess he made of last, and it would be totally nieve to think he could walk the championship again.

It's quite evident he has lost his mojo and the respect of the players,with the lack of effort they show

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    If all that is true we’d have still been in the Premiership and he would t have had to go.

The style will catch up with him at Everton at some point.

Comparisons are wrong anyway as Dyche did a great job. For Burnley but he’d run his course - results or not the football was dire.

Also VK has had a larger amount of money like you say but they’re not really big money - most of them anyway.

It makes me laugh sometimes - hendrick for 13 million for example ( who I thought did a sterling job most of the time ) was **** according to most on here and our fans.

We’ve simply got it wrong this season that’s all and we didn’t buy enough experienced quality to go with the development players.

I think VK deserves a chance to sort this mess out personally.
    “We’ve simply got it wrong this season”- are you real ? Kompany was brought in to get it right not get it wrong. It was that simple what we needed to do to survive this season, yet Kompany or Pace, couldn’t see it. Even Stevie Wonder could see it , it was that obvious. What Pace and Kompany have done, is crazy management, and has turned loyal fans against the club. Otherwise they would not be walking out long before the games have finished. We are a laughing stock right now. Not just in the Premier League , but throughout the land.Our reputation has gone down the pan, we’re fast losing respect, and we are like a ship without a rudder. What’s more , I don’t like it and it will take some turning round. Finally, I would not trust Kompany with any more money , that’s for sure. With someone of his experience and knowledge, we all deserved a lot better than the garbage we’ve been watching, these past 6 months. At this level you cannot afford to “ simply get it wrong”.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    “We’ve simply got it wrong this season”- are you real ? Kompany was brought in to get it right not get it wrong. It was that simple what we needed to do to survive this season, yet Kompany or Pace, couldn’t see it. Even Stevie Wonder could see it , it was that obvious. What Pace and Kompany have done, is crazy management, and has turned loyal fans against the club. Otherwise they would not be walking out long before the games have finished. We are a laughing stock right now. Not just in the Premier League , but throughout the land.Our reputation has gone down the pan, we’re fast losing respect, and we are like a ship without a rudder. What’s more , I don’t like it and it will take some turning round. Finally, I would not trust Kompany with any more money , that’s for sure. With someone of his experience and knowledge, we all deserved a lot better than the garbage we’ve been watching, these past 6 months. At this level you cannot afford to “ simply get it wrong”.
    Hear bloody hear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)