+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the real reason for sacking Dyche?

I wonder what the season ticket uptake/renewals will be for next season?

After the euphoria of last season this one has been seriously underwhelming.

I wonder what the impact on season ticket sales will be?

My youngest son and two of the grandkids are up for renewing (with me paying of course!)

I will ask those ST holders who sit around me when we play on Sunday.

I'm pretty sure they will all be renewing.

It's the hope for a better season that eventually kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    “We’ve simply got it wrong this season”- are you real ? Kompany was brought in to get it right not get it wrong. It was that simple what we needed to do to survive this season, yet Kompany or Pace, couldn’t see it. Even Stevie Wonder could see it , it was that obvious. What Pace and Kompany have done, is crazy management, and has turned loyal fans against the club. Otherwise they would not be walking out long before the games have finished. We are a laughing stock right now. Not just in the Premier League , but throughout the land.Our reputation has gone down the pan, we’re fast losing respect, and we are like a ship without a rudder. What’s more , I don’t like it and it will take some turning round. Finally, I would not trust Kompany with any more money , that’s for sure. With someone of his experience and knowledge, we all deserved a lot better than the garbage we’ve been watching, these past 6 months. At this level you cannot afford to “ simply get it wrong”.
    What you never got it wrong Mal ?

Last season he got it all right - or just lucky regardless of players ?

We got caught out playing a system in a league with players who are developing and some not good enough ( accepted ).

The first season Dyche came as I remember we weren’t good and fliirted with relegation - we didn’t sack him and stayed with him and that turned out well for us eventually- imo this is different but also the same - we have to give VK a chance or it was all pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    What you never got it wrong Mal ?

Last season he got it all right - or just lucky regardless of players ?

We got caught out playing a system in a league with players who are developing and some not good enough ( accepted ).

The first season Dyche came as I remember we weren’t good and fliirted with relegation - we didn’t sack him and stayed with him and that turned out well for us eventually- imo this is different but also the same - we have to give VK a chance or it was all pointless.
    Of course I’ve got it wrong, and occasionally still do. I understand why you think this way. It’s just that at this level, with all VK’s experience, at one of the biggest clubs in World football, you would have thought he’d learnt enough to know what it takes to survive, then move on ,next season. It should NEVER have happened like this, should it ? I cannot believe how far down we have gone, in many ways. This time last year he was being” lined up” ,for Spurs and even back to where he was an icon, at the Etihad. There is not a club in England who would have him now, after the way he’s acted this season. It’s going to take a hell of a lot to restore my faith in VK, Pace and the team. Right now I have no confidence or belief ,in any of them . I’ll be surprised if many fans have.

Kompany's managerial trajectory is in downward spiral and I did not anticipate this dreadful season.

I cannot see how he can survive this train wreck.

When I look at most teams in the PL they are often a blend of experience and youth - the young being brought in to develop alongside and be guided by the experienced players. We have the youngest team in the PL with no experience of the PL, with possible exception of Taylor, Brownhill and JBG. They are not leaders.

Although many have commented that JayRod and Cork are past it, would their experience and knowledge not make a difference? Surround them with younger players, yes, but don’t consign their experience to the dustbin.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    When I look at most teams in the PL they are often a blend of experience and youth - the young being brought in to develop alongside and be guided by the experienced players. We have the youngest team in the PL with no experience of the PL, with possible exception of Taylor, Brownhill and JBG. They are not leaders.

Although many have commented that JayRod and Cork are past it, would their experience and knowledge not make a difference? Surround them with younger players, yes, but don’t consign their experience to the dustbin.
    Look what Barkley has done for Luton.Rumours are United want him now.

Liverpool yesterday showed what could be done with youth and experience, you just have to get the blend right.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Liverpool yesterday showed what could be done with youth and experience, you just have to get the blend right.
    Absof*ckinglutely k_c.

I think this is fair comment Swiss - as I see it though we haven’t adapted your analogy because VK doesn’t want to change shape to
    Include a Cork in front of the back four for example.
    I’m not blind to the fact as many have said VK is stubborn in his game plan - so was Dyche tbh he wouldn’t change shape to stop other teams and wouldn’t use subs or youth

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think this is fair comment Swiss - as I see it though we haven’t adapted your analogy because VK doesn’t want to change shape to
    Include a Cork in front of the back four for example.
    I’m not blind to the fact as many have said VK is stubborn in his game plan - so was Dyche tbh he wouldn’t change shape to stop other teams and wouldn’t use subs or youth
    Give me SD any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Name:  aHappy Dyche.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  75.9 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)