+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners will not take risks with our fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Exactly people keep saying we had these problems under LW are misunderstanding what some of us are saying.

Under LW we had a CLEAR game plan.
    We’re on the same page at the moment Legs. SM came in espousing his system, then took an axe to it almost immediately. If we import superior players into what we do, it will work, and there won’t be anything L2 sides can do about it. Example, Nemane flunks badly for 2 games? He’s out. We try somebody else, and on and on until we do get a right wing back we can rely on. Switching systems all the time lets the players off the hook. Play our way, make tweaks by all means, but put the onus on the players to make what they’ve worked on work for the club

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    We’re on the same page at the moment Legs. SM came in espousing his system, then took an axe to it almost immediately. If we import superior players into what we do, it will work, and there won’t be anything L2 sides can do about it. Example, Nemane flunks badly for 2 games? He’s out. We try somebody else, and on and on until we do get a right wing back we can rely on. Switching systems all the time lets the players off the hook. Play our way, make tweaks by all means, but put the onus on the players to make what they’ve worked on work for the club
    Pay peanuts employ monkeys its not rocket science is it ,if your not careful you will end up non league again
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-02-2024 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Fixed quoting error. Monkey now replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    I believe the Wrexham manager even named one of our defenders who they deliberately targeted as they knew he's always likely to make a mistake or panic in possession
    They targeted Nemane as they knew he wasn't a wing back and was pretty poor at defending. Not sure if the plan worked but that was he said.

SM has had tough opposition to start his Notts career but we're 6 games in and we seem to going backwards again. Newport we were gifted goals just like we gift goals. He'll be given to to end of the season now as we're not going down and we're not likely to get into the play off let alone win them.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    if I'm honest his interviews are dull, he's a cliché merchant and I cannot see him being a success based on anything he's brought to the table so far.
    Exactly this and I said so based on interviews before he joined us. You can say it doesn't matter but how do you motivate players if you can't enthuse them? All top managers have a way of communicating that can be inspiring. It's like we are paying for his apprenticeship but we don't have time for that and what guarantee is there he will ever be good enough?

Talk of consolidation is nonsense if your second half of the season is much worse than your first half. Teams tend to carry their end of season form into the next year. As someone else pointed out, you're either going forwards or you're going backwards, downward momentum is very hard to reverse, as we have seen in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamps View Post
    Pay peanuts employ monkeys its not rocket science is it ,if your not careful you will end up non league again
    Your v You're isn't rocket science either, but that's another story

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Having worked so hard to get a regular saturday 5 figure crowd ,any indication that is in jeopardy will mean action being taken.Yesterdays home crowd was 800 down on Barrow and Tuesday will be the seasons lowest.I came away depressed and i wont be alone.I think the manager is already at risk.
    The current owners are intelligent and strategic enough not to not pay heed to passive aggressive posts like this.

The club will give Stuart Maynard ample time to develop the team in his own image and improve results. There will be no knee-jerk reactions, no panic, and no decisions taken on the basis of placating the week-to-week mood swings of football fans (witness the euphoria after the Newport result only two games back).

As with Neal Ardley, there will come a time, after an extended period of analysis and reflection, where the Reedtz Bros will decide if Stuart Maynard is making sufficient progress, but it won't be for quite a while yet. The ethos and decision-making of the club now is very different from previous regimes.

I actually agree with the point being made by one or two posters that the current run of results probably wouldn't have been that different under Luke Williams. I think we were destined to hit a wall with the current team regardless of who was manager, which is quite normal when you're in a new league finding out which players can cope with the step up and which can't. "You win or you learn", and from the current struggles the club and management will be learning which positions and attributes of the team need upgrading.

What's needed from fans, if possible, is a calm, patient, mature attitude while we go through this process.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamps View Post
    Remind me how much we paid for Macca.

I don't recall now but remind me of some of Trew's marquee signings.

There's a balance to be found - I'm sure the bros will find it because that is what there business model is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    As someone else pointed out, you're either going forwards or you're going backwards, downward momentum is very hard to reverse, as we have seen in the past.
    And that is as much a cliché as tommo alluded to.

There are many clubs who sit in or around mid-table in their respective leagues who are content to do so having found a balance of manageable/affordable budget and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    And that is as much a cliché as tommo alluded to.

There are many clubs who sit in or around mid-table in their respective leagues who are content to do so having found a balance of manageable/affordable budget and performance.
    Apart from the top flight, most clubs change division regularly. 17 clubs in tier 3 - including this season - are only in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd campaign in the same division. 13 of those 17 in their 1st of 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    They targeted Nemane as they knew he wasn't a wing back and was pretty poor at defending. Not sure if the plan worked but that was he said.
    Are you sure? As I recall Parkinson told his players to target Cameron.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast