+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners will not take risks with our fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    For what it's worth I don't think LW could have done much better as it was proven by the results against these teams in the first half of the season. It really is fine margins.

Luke Williams = P6, W2, D1, L3, GF7, GA9, GD-2, Pts 7

Mansfield 1-4 (Lost) = 0 points
    Crewe 0-1 (Lost) = 0 points
    Wrexham 0-2 (Lost) = 0 points
    Barrow 1-1 (Drew) = 1 point
    Gillingham 2-1 (Won) = 3 points
    Newport 3-0 (Won) = 3 points

Stuart Maynard = P6, W1, D1, L4, GF6, GA10, GD-4, Pts 4

Mansfield 0-1 (Lost) 0 points
    Crewe 1-3 (Lost) 0 points
    Wrexham 0-1 (Lost) 0 points
    Barrow 1-1 (Drew) 1 point
    Gillingham 1-3 (Lost) 0 points
    Newport 3-1 (Won) 3 points
    Did not Luke also have Palmer at the time? Our performances fell off a cliff when he got injured IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I totally agree. To add what I said further up the thread about Stockport and Barrow who are also showing relegation form in the last six games they have not played the current 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 16th (currently Newport who are 2nd in the form table) and yet Stockport are 19th, Barrow 22nd and us 21st. Stuart Maynard has had the toughest six games any new manager could have had at this level. I don't think Dave Challinor or Pete Wild jobs are at risk based on the last six games and neither should Stuart Maynard's.

Below is a comparison between LW and SM as well with results against those six teams. They are very close the only difference being the Gillingham game which LW won and SM lost. All the other games had the same outcome results wise and the goals scored and goals conceded are within one goal. That is why it's far too premature and early to be judging SM.

For what it's worth I don't think LW could have done much better as it was proven by the results against these teams in the first half of the season. It really is fine margins.

Luke Williams = P6, W2, D1, L3, GF7, GA9, GD-2, Pts 7

Mansfield 1-4 (Lost) = 0 points
    Crewe 0-1 (Lost) = 0 points
    Wrexham 0-2 (Lost) = 0 points
    Barrow 1-1 (Drew) = 1 point
    Gillingham 2-1 (Won) = 3 points
    Newport 3-0 (Won) = 3 points

Stuart Maynard = P6, W1, D1, L4, GF6, GA10, GD-4, Pts 4

Mansfield 0-1 (Lost) 0 points
    Crewe 1-3 (Lost) 0 points
    Wrexham 0-1 (Lost) 0 points
    Barrow 1-1 (Drew) 1 point
    Gillingham 1-3 (Lost) 0 points
    Newport 3-1 (Won) 3 points
    Great work are you after UTM's job?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Great work are you after UTM's job?
    No. With it being a results business I was interested in what the results were between both managers. It was surprising how similar they were and how close in terms of goals.

Tonight I'm really hoping we can get the win because we lost this game 5-1 under LW and SM really needs his first home win.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    He has had a tough start, but I think most people’s issues are specifically with the two home defeats, the two worst home performances of the season in my book. If you don’t think we’d have played better/got better results in those under Williams then I’d disagree, but regardless, his job is to improve us, and so far… he hasn’t.
    The performances at home to both Gillingham and Crewe were very disappointing and were littered with individual errors. I too was angry, annoyed and frustrated particularly against Crewe. So I can understand peoples issues in that respect especially as it's not something we've seen in the past four seasons. It's going to remind us of the relegation season.

Please please Reedz bros admit a mistake has been made and sack him

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I’m afraid there’s a lot of questions about the owners and their recruitment of manager and players to be asked, I’m afraid they are looking out of their depth regarding matters on the pitch and the underestimation of this league, well done Sutton on taking advantage of the situation. Lucky we have picked up enough points do far to be safe, to say we haven’t won at home this year is shocking.

What the hell have you done Reez brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    What the hell have you done Reez brothers?
    Fecked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Did not Luke also have Palmer at the time? Our performances fell off a cliff when he got injured IIRC.
    For me LW's greatest failing is that he wasn't able to move us from a play setup with Palmer, that generally worked very well, to one without him. There were plenty of attempts to fill in and adjust for the loss of him, but fundamentally we were never able to play and win games in the same way - and LW never fully worked out how to set up and win consistently without him. (And the players he was carrying by being everwhere on the pitch when we were out of possession were suddenly shown up, too.)

SM is now doing everything he can to adjust, including (it seems) big changes mid-game. On the one hand you hope that he's very quickly learning and that will translate into some stability for the run-in. On the other hand, it's never clear to me whether he makes adjustments just to see what works, or if he's trying to chase games (and if the latter, he's doing himself a big disservice in my view). Neither fans nor players seem very happy right now. He can lose the Kop, though it won't help with revenue or performances to do so; if he's losing the players then all this switching around won't yield what he wants.

We seem a team with confidence completely shot. But it's hard for anyone involved to stomach losing 5 in 7. I think if we don't get a win in the next few games, there just won't be the foundations he needs to build on and be successful, including next season. It's bitterly disappointing after Newport.
    Last edited by OchPie; 28-02-2024 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Their inexperience in ownership is starting to show. They need to grab the bull by the horns. They have let the defence frailties go on from day 1. Recruitment some good some absolutely shocking. At present we are a sinking ship & their investment needs changes or their stock is going to fall sharply

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast