+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners will not take risks with our fanbase

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Owners will not take risks with our fanbase

Having worked so hard to get a regular saturday 5 figure crowd ,any indication that is in jeopardy will mean action being taken.Yesterdays home crowd was 800 down on Barrow and Tuesday will be the seasons lowest.I came away depressed and i wont be alone.I think the manager is already at risk.

The problems that are obvious to everyone - especially opposition management - started long ago under Luke so the new manager shouldn't get the blame
    We play lovely football going forward but we aren't presently tough enough as a team
    I noticed in commentary yesterday that Dave Bracegirdle and Mark Stallard were talking about getting one or two big, strong, experienced central defenders in if we are ever going to compete in the EFL
    We all know that some of our players aren't good enough for this level. I believe the Wrexham manager even named one of our defenders who they deliberately targeted as they knew he's always likely to make a mistake or panic in possession

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    I believe the Wrexham manager even named one of our defenders who they deliberately targeted as they knew he's always likely to make a mistake or panic in possession
    They targeted Nemane as they knew he wasn't a wing back and was pretty poor at defending. Not sure if the plan worked but that was he said.

SM has had tough opposition to start his Notts career but we're 6 games in and we seem to going backwards again. Newport we were gifted goals just like we gift goals. He'll be given to to end of the season now as we're not going down and we're not likely to get into the play off let alone win them.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    They targeted Nemane as they knew he wasn't a wing back and was pretty poor at defending. Not sure if the plan worked but that was he said.
    Are you sure? As I recall Parkinson told his players to target Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    They could have targeted any of our defenders, as none of them, apart from Macari and Baldwin are any good..

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yes it was Cameron, but to be fair, all of them have errors in them regularly. Not being harsh, just factual. Baldwin, who we probably all agree is our best CB, still has at least 3 errors per game. Hence him being a L2 player and not Prem.
    Cameron would struggle to get into Sunday pub team…unless they make him captain and undroppable…bit like Notts!

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Yes it was Cameron, but to be fair, all of them have errors in them regularly. Not being harsh, just factual. Baldwin, who we probably all agree is our best CB, still has at least 3 errors per game. Hence him being a L2 player and not Prem.
    Cameron would struggle to get into Sunday pub team…unless they make him captain and undroppable…bit like Notts!
    Camaron is a one-dimensional player with little or no imagination or daring. Week in and week out he only passes sideways and so rarely forward. If I were an enemy manager that's who I would target too. While he dwells on the ball before he does what he always does and looks left and right before passing left, THAT'S where I'd put a swift winger and advance a striker or three to the edge of the penalty box while our other defenders panic. (See "Caucus race" from Alice in Wonderland.)

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Having worked so hard to get a regular saturday 5 figure crowd ,any indication that is in jeopardy will mean action being taken.Yesterdays home crowd was 800 down on Barrow and Tuesday will be the seasons lowest.I came away depressed and i wont be alone.I think the manager is already at risk.
    When we get a decent home crowd in one of the 'Special Offer' days we always seem to put in a crap performance.

A few rows away from me in the Pavis there were three 'dads' with about 10 kids of about 8 - 12 years between them.
    A good performance/result would possibly mean half of them would come to the next full price match,
    instead of going to the cinema or playing on the XBox on a Saturday afternoon.

I've often wondered if there's a corresponding drop in footfall/takings in the club shop after a crap performance.

First shout 'Maynard out' from the back of the Pavis 'A' but we can do without him trying to put his fist through the back of the stand - idiot!

Maynard tried to put his fist through the back of the stand? At least he show passion!

The problems may have been there under LW but he was able to motivate and make the players believe in themselves. They were coherent and together on the pitch, and exciting to watch.

What we are seeing now is the difference between a good manager and a poor manager with the same resources. The players haven’t all of sudden become poor over night.

I still think back to that first trining video under Maynard where him and the other coach were all shouting over each other. I don’t think anyone’s got a hold of this team at the minute, and the players are playing like it.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast