+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: ❔Score, Scorers & Attendance Predictions vs. Sutton (H) 27.02.24 [EFL L2]

Haven't seen anyone predict a Jatta goal. I'd imagine he'll feature, especially with McG taking a knock at the weekend. Would love him to open his account tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, Sutton's pre-match team talk pretty much writes itself. The question is whether we can overcome the physical assault through intricate passing and skill. Didn't work on the opening day of the season!
    Our players don't pile in to help each other when someone is being targeted
    They really need to get together and agree to all rush in and make a fuss when a team mate is chopped down
    It's the only way most referees will give an appropriate card

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    Our players don't pile in to help each other when someone is being targeted
    They really need to get together and agree to all rush in and make a fuss when a team mate is chopped down
    It's the only way most referees will give an appropriate card
    True. It's been mentioned on here before, but there's a strange lack of anger or spirit when things aren't going our way. It doesn't help that our captain isn't at all vocal. We don't have any true leaders on the pitch. They should be bloody livid with some of the stuff that's gone on in recent weeks. But again, you can't coach that into players, and it's not something you can quantify when making recruitment decisions based primarily on data.

To be honest I can't think of one "get down and dirty" player in the squad? We have a few drama queens but that's about it. Been saying for ages that we need someone across the back that will really shake the buggers up when needed.

How many opposition players have been sent off against Notts this season ? I can only think of Salford and that was when Nemane went as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    This - in the minds of many he has all but gone, it's just a matter of when. Even if he winds up winning every match left this season, 2 losses at the start of next will bring out the 'out of his depth' brigade again. He is on a hiding to nothing now. The reality is, he isn't fighting for his job, and he won't be for a good while yet.
    Given he has a 3.5 year contract, he's not fighting for his job at all. It was given very cheaply and I don't think he will go until the contract ends, no-one has yet under our owners. The supporters will be gone before he is. The trouble is, assets like Langstaff and Jones will lose value under the new no goals policy. It could derail the whole project as we rely on buying cheap and selling high.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    To be honest I can't think of one "get down and dirty" player in the squad? We have a few drama queens but that's about it. Been saying for ages that we need someone across the back that will really shake the buggers up when needed.
    The nearest we have is Baldwin, Brindley and Cameron are non-contact players. Brindley is scared of his own shadow and the only physical contact Cameron can handle is the pre-match handshake with the officials, although he has been known to tremble if the coin lands near him.

I'll go for 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Haven't seen anyone predict a Jatta goal. I'd imagine he'll feature, especially with McG taking a knock at the weekend. Would love him to open his account tonight.
    I don’t think I am the only one but I’ve Jatta down to score in a 4-1 win along with Robertson and Macca x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    This - in the minds of many he has all but gone, it's just a matter of when. Even if he winds up winning every match left this season, 2 losses at the start of next will bring out the 'out of his depth' brigade again. He is on a hiding to nothing now. The reality is, he isn't fighting for his job, and he won't be for a good while yet.
    If he wins every game he'd be close to top 3 and defo top 5 so I think fans would back/trust him.

Obviously though he wont win every game as we are now seeing its becoming a slog not just for us but Stockport/Barrow too.

The most important game is tonight that is all that matters then we can think about Bradford.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast