+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United v Airdrie (H) 27th Feb

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    We should not hang the young lads out to dry last night. Not their fault. They didn't do great but around them was awful. At least they showed willing to get on the ball. Centre halves dropped far too deep. The worst players on the park were all in tangerine. Watt, Middleton, Sibbald and Holt were hands down the worst on the pitch. Moult not much better when he came on.

Although that may absolve some criticism of Goodwin, it shouldn't. They were able to play through us too easily and we had the players on the pitch to fix it. A subtle rotation in shape would have given us numerical superiority where we conceded it. Poor not to notice that.

Individual performances compounded poor management decisions (not actually the starting line up in my view). How Middleton lasted the whole game is simply beyond me.

At least it can't get any worse........surely......although Maryhill then Greenock away do not fill me with confidence. We will likely be playing catch up long before Raith come to town.
    good post

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I'm just gonna say it , and not that happy to say so, but........... JG has got to go ...tomorrow. (and I'm no hater)

"Something" yet again, is going horribly wrong, just like the relegation nightmare. (mind oh that?)

It might be (yet again) the players fault, but , it really is up to the manager to either deal with it, sort it out , or accept defeat and jog on.

This is very close to being the worse United team I have ever watched, and all those players ain't sh*te...

Top oh the league? yip... for how much longer???

Yet again, the mystery of how we have so much resourses , yet still be rank rotten escapes me.
    100% spot on !

Agree Yeats, one of the worst United sides I’ve watched in 45+ years of following my team.

Thank Fek for the good memories of the great teams of the past.

We will turn this around eventually but not under Goodwin I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Knee jerkers? F*ck off !

I remember you fiddling all last season while Rome burned. The rest of us were looking for the fire extinguisher whilst you clapped until your hands were sore!
    Well put ADS - far more polite than the response I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Agree Yeats, one of the worst United sides I’ve watched in 45+ years of following my team.

Thank Fek for the good memories of the great teams of the past.

We will turn this around eventually but not under Goodwin I suspect.
    Up until the first defeat to Raith, i actually thought our team was quite decent with at least 5-8 seasons squads behind them. Right now they do appear to be making a right Noel Hunt of it, but i doubt they will reach the depths of last seasons skite show!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That's why I said on their day, they were excellent, they've won 2 drew 1 and lost 1 in 4 games away to Raith and Utd (plus another win at Raith in the cup and two more at home to Raith), we were awful and under strength, self inflicted by the last two team selections, we got away with it on Saturday

Our strongest xi is good enough to win the league and now it's not the time for a manager change, that's crazy talk it really is, nuts in these circumstances but knee jerkers will knee jerk

Select the best team, that includes grim at right back etc, don't select Meekison or Grieve to start another game, save Thomson as an option off bench and hopefully Docherty isn't far away if what thearab said about fitness test he can't be far away
    Knee jerkers will jerk, and happy clappers will clap all day long, (I'm sure you've noticed) Unforunately, there are plenty posters on here that are knee jerkin' at fcuk all. They have constantly said they thought the manager wasn't good enough. Some made good points as to why he should never have been handed a 2 year contract after (ahem) overseeing our relegation, in the first place.

I personally was willing to give him a chance, something I am now having SERIOUS doubts about.

I don't think there will be a managerial change this season, but.... the last few weeks have baffled me completely, I can't even back him up anymore. some of the recent decisions, be it players dropped, players played, players that keep getting played, players played in wrong positions,team formations, media excuses etc etc are quite hard to fathom.

I don't think the players have downed tools like the last lot, but.... I really think they might be as baffled as I am, and are finding it hard to comprehend instructions (whatever they may be)

Being the club with the biggest budget in the league is not necessarily a good thing. We are paying good money to players that do not deserve it. I want players with desire and hunger. Two forward players are the biggest culprits imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Knee jerkers? F*ck off !

I remember you fiddling all last season while Rome burned. The rest of us were looking for the fire extinguisher whilst you clapped until your hands were sore!
    You do realise you’re try to debate with a guy who doesn’t understand the concept of being wrong or a different opinion from his.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    You do realise you’re try to debate with a guy who doesn’t understand the concept of being wrong or a different opinion from his.
    It's not really a debate tbh,he has me on ignore apparently 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    We should not hang the young lads out to dry last night. Not their fault. They didn't do great but around them was awful. At least they showed willing to get on the ball. Centre halves dropped far too deep. The worst players on the park were all in tangerine. Watt, Middleton, Sibbald and Holt were hands down the worst on the pitch. Moult not much better when he came on.

Although that may absolve some criticism of Goodwin, it shouldn't. They were able to play through us too easily and we had the players on the pitch to fix it. A subtle rotation in shape would have given us numerical superiority where we conceded it. Poor not to notice that.

Individual performances compounded poor management decisions (not actually the starting line up in my view). How Middleton lasted the whole game is simply beyond me.

At least it can't get any worse........surely......although Maryhill then Greenock away do not fill me with confidence. We will likely be playing catch up long before Raith come to town.
    I totally agree with you, I don't think Meekison is being played in his best position and think what held Mochrie back last night was the pathetic lack of movement from our front players last night, Watt and Middleton were playing hide and seek and Grieve just isn't very good. Get Moult back up front, Meekison in behind him, play Kai on the left flank and Cudjoe or Thomson on the right, let's at least play players who want the ball and who don't hide. I find it ridiculous that we haven't got a proper right back and are trying to shoehorn midfielders in there yet we bring in another centre half when Gallagher was close to being fit and Graham was playing well in his absence so now we have a 4th choice centre half that we're probably playing good money for who unless he gets tried at right back will probably never play for us just like Denham in the first half of the season. Grieve and Tillson although triers are very very poor and should not be near our first team. I don't know what was going through the managers head last night with his selection or substitutions, he went on about slow build up play but how can you play quickly when your front players aren't looking for the ball. The first couple of minutes Watt charges down the keeper and could have got lucky with the deflection, it was plain to see their keeper wanted extra time on the ball but we never went near him again, we went at it half heartedly there was no team press to stop them with the ball just the odd individual here and there. We never at any point last night looked like a team or any kind of cohesive unit. We are at our best pressing teams in their own half and winning the ball high up the park and transitioning quickly. When our defenders or goalie get possession in our half we are clueless and painfully slow until we play a long hopeful punt up the park. Why Goodwin can't see this I don't know and if he does see it and his players are not doing it for him why does he play people every week that are to lazy to press high.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)