+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United v Airdrie (H) 27th Feb

Airdrie are dangerous on their day, have a style they stick to, have beaten Raith 3 times and drew the other, have beaten the fun and the fermers etc, so are well capable

However we know how to beat them, as we have done so twice keeping cleansheets

Why we didn't last our strongest team I don't know

Fotheringham and Moult scored the goals in the previous meetings, we bench them, Grimshaw at right back in both wins, so we keep Thomson who was out of position for the goal we conceded on Sat (albeit Walton should not have spilled it)

Meekison offered nothing, Grieve the same

Just a weakened line up and Airdrie took advantage and deserved what they got tonight

Get the team back to normal for Partick, a team we've destroyed twice with the correct team on the park

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Airdrie are dangerous on their day, have a style they stick to, have beaten Raith 3 times and drew the other, have beaten the fun and the fermers etc, so are well capable

However we know how to beat them, as we have done so twice keeping cleansheets

Why we didn't last our strongest team I don't know

Fotheringham and Moult scored the goals in the previous meetings, we bench them, Grimshaw at right back in both wins, so we keep Thomson who was out of position for the goal we conceded on Sat (albeit Walton should not have spilled it)

Meekison offered nothing, Grieve the same

Just a weakened line up and Airdrie took advantage and deserved what they got tonight

Get the team back to normal for Partick, a team we've destroyed twice with the correct team on the park

They are also bottom of the table in away performance. Our saving grace at present is Raith Rovers, after a purple patch, aren't great shakes either. We are also fortunate Morton had a really bad start to the season as they are clearly the best team in the league form wise, unbeaten in 17. I wouldn't fancy our chances in a play off.

With 11 games to go it about getting over the line and Raith not bettering us. We are stuck with the players and the manager isn't going to be changed at this point but tonight the team selection is on JG. We cant have repeats.

Disagree Arab777, its not about getting over the line.. Thats simply a recipe to be back in the champ at our first attempt (even then Goodwin would probably fail to be relegated!)

All the happy clappers should now wake up and smell the roses that faded years ago and be strong enough to admit we are shyte and led by headless assholes trying to secure their money.

Goodwin has to go and theres only a couple of player I would keep, the rest are rank rotten, journeymen and wage thiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Disagree Arab777, its not about getting over the line.. Thats simply a recipe to be back in the champ at our first attempt (even then Goodwin would probably fail to be relegated!)

All the happy clappers should now wake up and smell the roses that faded years ago and be strong enough to admit we are shyte and led by headless assholes trying to secure their money.

Goodwin has to go and theres only a couple of player I would keep, the rest are rank rotten, journeymen and wage thiefs.
    'getting over the line' is not a desire about how we play our football it is being realistic about how poor we are. If anyone thinks the club are going to change manager at this stage is not living in reality. We are stuck with our current lot at least until the end of the season. So the best we can hope for is getting it over the line, winning at the very least the same amount of points as Raith.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    'getting over the line' is being realistic about how poor we are. If anyone thinks the club are going to change manager at this stage is not living in reality. We are stuck with our current lot at least until the end of the season. So the best we can hope for is getting it over the line, winning at the very least the same amount of points as Raith.

That's why I said on their day, they were excellent, they've won 2 drew 1 and lost 1 in 4 games away to Raith and Utd (plus another win at Raith in the cup and two more at home to Raith), we were awful and under strength, self inflicted by the last two team selections, we got away with it on Saturday

Our strongest xi is good enough to win the league and now it's not the time for a manager change, that's crazy talk it really is, nuts in these circumstances but knee jerkers will knee jerk

Select the best team, that includes grim at right back etc, don't select Meekison or Grieve to start another game, save Thomson as an option off bench and hopefully Docherty isn't far away if what thearab said about fitness test he can't be far away

That's why I said on their day, they were excellent, they've won 2 drew 1 and lost 1 in 4 games away to Raith and Utd (plus another win at Raith in the cup and two more at home to Raith), we were awful and under strength, self inflicted by the last two team selections, we got away with it on Saturday

Our strongest xi is good enough to win the league and now it's not the time for a manager change, that's crazy talk it really is, nuts in these circumstances but knee jerkers will knee jerk

Select the best team, that includes grim at right back etc, don't select Meekison or Grieve to start another game, save Thomson as an option off bench and hopefully Docherty isn't far away if what thearab said about fitness test he can't be far away
    Agree to an extent Grieve has no end product. Rubbish

Watt and Middleton you would say are part of the strongest 11 ? Both were Terrible last night.

I wouldnt start Mochrie and Meekison together again, pick 1 and from last night that would be Mochrie

Our front 4 and whoever is Dochertys replacement on the day are murder. Wotherspoon aside. We are screaming out for some genuine pace and a battering ram of a striker. Watt needs to play wide or up front or not at all. Middleton is a ****ing imposter, watching him hide behind players last night so he didn't receive the ball, disgusting stuff. Manager is on the shoogliest of pegs.

When are you gonna wake up and stop hiding behind whats gone before and actually realise that this team have consistently demonstrated that they are just not good enough!

You say its self inflicted by team selection, but you totally ignore that there might be a very valid reason for using the squad. First and obvious is 5 games in 15 days, Doc out injured, Kai, Middleton, Watt, Moult, Grimshaw, McMann all off the boil, Grieve i thought did better last night, but that is a relative remark, and Cudjoe is baffling and we loose Spoons 10 minutes into that 5 game stint! If these players are considered as part of the best match day squad, the only way that works is if they can be bothered to turn up!

As for best starting 11, i think Thomson is maybe a slightly better option than Grim at RB. Didnt do too much wrong last night, and if he can bring that improvement into the next couple of games, Grim can be free to partner Sibbald for the time being.

Absolutely hate this, get a player in, give him 1 start, expect him to be a world beater and drop him if he doesnt have a good game. Meekieson and Mochrie, Glass to an extent, are the epitome of how bad that is for a player! Fine, they should never be played together, but either of them should be given a chance with any 2 from Doc/Sibbald/Grim/Spoons behind them. Sadly though, i do have a thought that we are about to loose a player in Meekieson to that injury curse that prevents a player coming back to his full potential.

Im not done with JG yet, but......

We should not hang the young lads out to dry last night. Not their fault. They didn't do great but around them was awful. At least they showed willing to get on the ball. Centre halves dropped far too deep. The worst players on the park were all in tangerine. Watt, Middleton, Sibbald and Holt were hands down the worst on the pitch. Moult not much better when he came on.

Although that may absolve some criticism of Goodwin, it shouldn't. They were able to play through us too easily and we had the players on the pitch to fix it. A subtle rotation in shape would have given us numerical superiority where we conceded it. Poor not to notice that.

Individual performances compounded poor management decisions (not actually the starting line up in my view). How Middleton lasted the whole game is simply beyond me.

At least it can't get any worse........surely......although Maryhill then Greenock away do not fill me with confidence. We will likely be playing catch up long before Raith come to town.

Knee jerkers? F*ck off !

I remember you fiddling all last season while Rome burned. The rest of us were looking for the fire extinguisher whilst you clapped until your hands were sore!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)