+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United v Airdrie (H) 27th Feb

C'mon Shedka where are you? I've been waiting a while now for your uplifting glass half full take on things to send me off to bed with some hope for the rest of the season. Maybe tonight's performance finally got to you and you've seen the light. Try putting a positive on that tonight or come up with a reason to not send Goodwin right away to thon place asap. He's hopeless! Get him out of my/our club now.

Quote Originally Posted by sultan_of_arabia View Post
    Painful so far. Zero control or shape. No focal point. It may be an "attacking" line up but so deep and no press it's almost Levein in Czech rep in reality. *Slight exaggeration I know but that was anything but attacking football.

McMann having a sticky patch of form albeit he has arguably been our player of the season so far. Mochrie, Meekinson, Watt having very little impact. Grieve I just don't know what he does beyond running around, zero goal threat. At least Kai gets in the box.

Still think we will win this but war of attrition watching so far. Just go 2 up top, 2 wide and try find someone to sit beside Sibbald. Still shoehorning players into a formation rather than adjusting tactics.

3-0 second half incoming...
    Grieve is brutal how he lasted till the 85th minute is beyond me, he looks nothing like a centre forward and never in a million years will he be a right winger. We created nothing again tonight, Moult has been poor but he is out best, sorry only option at centre forward, we need to get meekison in behind him but Goodwin doesn't seem to want to play him there would rather play Watt who has never once proven he can play that role. This season is in danger of imploding, Goodwin needs to take a long hard look at himself because his selection, tactics and substitutions were disgraceful.

And the magnificent backing from the fans that they have all asked for and received......is gonna fall away, just at a time when it is essential....and they have no one but themselves to blame! We haven't even started to get into a title showdown and our players and manager have bottled it!

I've consistently backed Goodwin because I didn't think we had any alternative. But if you look at Airdrie Morton Partick Raith, even Queens Park, they're playing better football than us with so called lesser players and a smaller budget. That tells me they have better managers than Goodwin. Because with our budget and players we should be playing better football than all of them listed there.

Unfortunately with so few games left to go the gamble to change our manager now would be very high risk. And anyway we all know it's not going to happen. We're probably still paying Jack Ross off ffs.

Pains me to say it but if we do get over the line I think we need a big clear out including the manager.

As I said after Saturday, we were brutal, even worse tonight

Goodwin did not need to make so many changes after Raith, that was a good performance, not sure why he panicked

Since then he's played two weakened teams

The reality is the only decision he has to make is who to play beside Sibbald until Docherty is back, the rest of the team while not perfect picks itself and got us into the position we've been in

The last two games is the worst we've been this season in the league (apart from Inverness away where we had lots of injuries)

The subs were bad tonight. Waiting until 5 mins out to swap Grieve for Cudjoe

Why was Grimshaw brought on in central midfield - has that ever worked when we need creativity and are chasing a game.

I have defended him on other thread and think he is a decent right back but why bring him on there when we are desperate to up the passing and tempo

I have said it before but Glass is a better link player with his passing in there than the likes of Grimshaw or Tillson - who couldn’t pass to save himself on Saturday

Agree with others that Moult is our best option up front

Grieve is very willing but does not seem to have the quality or guile to score goals or cause problems to opposition

Watt is a nightmare as he can’t lead the team and will only come with the goods occasionally - he can’t be relied on

Don’t think the defence or Sibbald deserve criticism - and Walton had to make lots of saves

What a disgrace - against Airdrie

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    The subs were bad tonight. Waiting until 5 mins out to swap Grieve for Cudjoe

Why was Grimshaw brought on in central midfield - has that ever worked when we need creativity and are chasing a game.

I have defended him on other thread and think he is a decent right back but why bring him on there when we are desperate to up the passing and tempo

I have said it before but Glass is a better link player with his passing in there than the likes of Grimshaw or Tillson - who couldn’t pass to save himself on Saturday

Agree with others that Moult is our best option up front

Grieve is very willing but does not seem to have the quality or guile to score goals or cause problems to opposition

Watt is a nightmare as he can’t lead the team and will only come with the goods occasionally - he can’t be relied on

Don’t think the defence or Sibbald deserve criticism - and Walton had to make lots of saves

What a disgrace - against Airdrie
    … a passing team like Airdrie need to be pressed but never saw that today

Team selection, Tactics and subs all abysmal tonight.

JG definitely takes the blame along with the midfield and front players

Moult should have started and should alway start

We can take risks with experiments that don’t work at this stage of the season

I still hope we can turn this form around but we have been average or worse for a while.

We need to seriously up it and start winning matches convincingly now

2 Things struck me about JG , when did he take over was last 5 games or was it 7 , does it matter we were brutal bad, and one games we played sheep and the vile abuse, he got , i have never seen anyone get it bad as that , nobody deserves bad as that, but struck me they fick hated him, and don't rate him at all.

So we give him 2 year contract, that was ffs, so not a lot we can do needs to be given a chance.

first game smokes, maybe we got something, but as season gone on we have just got worse and worse and boring to watch..

Surely after the sheep i have to improve as a manager, he has not improved his management skills worth a fk, what did he say few weeks ago we got one best defensive records in europe that alone is a sackable offence.

in the worst secont tear league in prob most of europe, he is coming a bit of a clown..

2 year contract after taking over last season , we were fk awful under him, where we go from here god only knows, is going go down wire, and now they 2 Morton are getting bigger by the min.

sad times, fk awful to watch is fk dire..

I'm just gonna say it , and not that happy to say so, but........... JG has got to go ...tomorrow. (and I'm no hater)

"Something" yet again, is going horribly wrong, just like the relegation nightmare. (mind oh that?)

It might be (yet again) the players fault, but , it really is up to the manager to either deal with it, sort it out , or accept defeat and jog on.

This is very close to being the worse United team I have ever watched, and all those players ain't sh*te...

Top oh the league? yip... for how much longer???

Yet again, the mystery of how we have so much resourses , yet still be rank rotten escapes me.

Ogren is the real problem, he doesn't have a clue about football, we are almost full circle to the days before he first arrived when we signed duds like barton and Murdoch, now we are getting dross like grieve and tilson, it's just left to Goodwin to shop in the local Sainsbury, we have no recruitment strategy or long term thinking for the club.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)