+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United v Airdrie (H) 27th Feb

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Cudjoe is a player that offered something different in the win against QP. JG then benches him tonight and brings him on with 5 minutes to go.
    agree with this

What on earth was going on

Airdrie we’re on top throughout and no changes and NO URGENCY from the players

Need some creativity but get Grimshaw in midfield

Mochrie was invisible 🫥

Cudjoe or some better hold of midfield and creativity was desperately needed from early on

It’s on JG for tonight needs a massive reaction now on Saturday and 3 solid points

Quote Originally Posted by sultan_of_arabia View Post
    First time this season I have felt we won't win this league and that I would be ok if Goodwin left tomorrow.

Very very poor.
    Only the third time i can remember being on Sandeman Street to hear the final whistle! Absolutely shocking display and i have to say, i think i have recognised the feeling i had last season of being totally ignorant to the inevitability of relegation, and now realise that we are not going up as winners!

I am going to accept that Walton, Thomson, Gallagher, Holt, Grimshaw and Sibbald are plenty good enough for us, but McMann, Watt, Middleton and Kai really need to buck up their ideas! Im gonna give Grieve a bye as he was better than previous, but Mochrie and Meekieson really should not be on the same team, but i cannot be harsh on them as they have not had many starts, and Archie is still on a comeback from injury.

As usual though, and while other subbies were timed well, WTF is the point in giving Cudjoe 5 minutes to change the game for us! And 2 man corners! REALLY! Falling asleep at throw ins! BOYS football stuff!

Im not going to jump fully on board for now, but i am beginning to loose faith in JG.

Tony Watt. Vice Captain.
    Your gamble is backfiring Jim.

������

I honestly thought the reason we took moult off on Saturday was because we were resting him for tonight.

Let's not forget that Middleton was giving it the fingers in the ears celebration to the fans after he scored against Queens. Another player that thinks he's too good for us. We were beaten by the better team tonight... let that sink in! These players are getting schooled by Raith Rovers, Morton and f#cking Airdrie! 7k a week for some of them! F#ck the lot of them!!!! I would hope for a reaction for the Thistle game...but this season has taught me that we are unlikely to get one.

Haven't commented the last couple of games after constantly being hounded because I once fell out with a f*king idiot on another board. But tonight has proven to me that Jim Goodwin is ****ing hopeless and simply cannot motivate a team to get results. We are top by default and it's not going to last much longer.so f*king fed up with the whole lot of them tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Tony Watt. Vice Captain.
    Your gamble is backfiring Jim.
    Woeful in back to back games, thought he worked hard Saturday and was stinking, tonight just sauntered through the match barely making an effort to get in the box, and gave it away repeatedly.

Truly awful tonight. Close to the worst performance I have ever seen at Tannadice (and there have been many horrific shows)

Had no game plan. Were so deep, gave midfield too much to do and somehow were wide open and very easy to play against. Our most senior players were passengers in the main. Holt, Sibbald, Watt, Moult (when he came on) were all dreadful. Middleton had the worst performance I have ever seen and he seemed completely disinterested.

Grieve worked hard and had some nice moments. McMann was ok but not good. Thomson was our best player. Thought Meekison and Mochrie both tried to be progressive and were at times composed on the ball. Just had nobody to play to up front and ultimately struggled to impact game and then got bullied.

The two things that really stuck out to me were, the complete lack of heart and desire shown by most and the fact the Goodwin was completely out coached/planned by his opposite number. Could not fathom how he had planned to hurt them and how he didn't fix the glaring problems that made it easy for them to play out and hurt us.

Make no mistake, we were beaten by the much better team on the night

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Woeful in back to back games, thought he worked hard Saturday and was stinking, tonight just sauntered through the match barely making an effort to get in the box, and gave it away repeatedly.
    Yep. He's a total fraud. Turns up with a goal now and again but despite terrible distribution game after game he keeps his place because Goodwin likes him. Well that's on you Goodwin. The guy is a gallous weegie popstar of a footballer and I have no doubt his attitude rubs off on our younger players. In fact I'd go further, because he's a made man he probably thinks he can say what he wants to the young players and that definitely doesn't improve them.

But Goodwin has to take the blame, he's playing the popstar and he can't find a settled first 11 that plays good football and he hasn't got any way to change personell during matches that turns matches in our favour. (Think he did it once because I remember posting about it)

Big big challenge now for Goodwin. Fingers out lads.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)