+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Farcical

Farcical

So today Everton's 10 point reduction for financial irregularities has been reduced to six. That means amongst other things that Burnley have been deducted four points and are now eleven off safety. I know it doesn't matter one jot to our chances of staying up, but surely this is powerful evidence that these sorts of penalties cannot be introduced/reinstated in the middle of a season. The integrity of the Premier League is at stake here and has been delivered a crippling blow.

I don't know why they just didn't reinstate the 10 points and give them 4 bonus points for their trouble, it would have been more honest.

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    So today Everton's 10 point reduction for financial irregularities has been reduced to six. That means amongst other things that Burnley have been deducted four points and are now eleven off safety. I know it doesn't matter one jot to our chances of staying up, but surely this is powerful evidence that these sorts of penalties cannot be introduced/reinstated in the middle of a season. The integrity of the Premier League is at stake here and has been delivered a crippling blow.
    It’s gone with that decision chastenor they really have ruined the game , they’re still possibly getting a further penalty along with Forest and god knows what Man City and Chelsea will answer to if they actually have the balls to prosecute.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It’s gone with that decision chastenor they really have ruined the game , they’re still possibly getting a further penalty along with Forest and god knows what Man City and Chelsea will answer to if they actually have the balls to prosecute.
    The whole FFP nonsense should be scrapped in its entirety. At the end of the day it's 11 v 11 and a billion quid either way should not make much difference.

And to even discuss another possible points deduction for the same offence really is farcical!

"The integrity of the Premier League" yet another classic misnomer Sir Chas. Integrity and the Premier League should not be mentioned in the same sentence.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 26-02-2024 at 03:14 PM.

If they had been fined when they should have been they would have been relegated instead of us so how does a measly six point deduction now even begin to even that up.It pays to cheat.

Thank goodness we are leaving this cheating league. Roll on next season.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Thank goodness we are leaving this cheating league. Roll on next season.
    How on earth did we allow the Russians, Arabs, Chinese, Yanks and Co, to pervert and corrupt our once beautiful game?

Bob Lord will be turning in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    How on earth did we allow the Russians, Arabs, Chinese, Yanks and Co, to pervert and corrupt our once beautiful game?

Bob Lord will be turning in his grave.
    The worst thing for me is the lies of City will take the point give back as a sign to win and just keep throwing money at the lawyers - it’s way past corrupt I’m afraid

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    The worst thing for me is the lies of City will take the point give back as a sign to win and just keep throwing money at the lawyers - it’s way past corrupt I’m afraid
    My sentiments exactly, army. Money talks and City have more than Harry Enfield could ever dream about. The City situation will drag on and on and will more than likely disappear into an Etihad Campus Black Hole.
    Meanwhile, Forest and Everton will continue to be pursued because they have provided the PL with the information requested and are an easy touch.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)