+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Joe - Contract

Big Joe - Contract

So, according to "exclusives" the reason that Big Joe wasn't signing a contract extension is because Dan Ashworth was leading the negotiations and he wasn't willing to bump Joes wages from 43K to 110K.

Amanda and Darren Eales are now leading the negotiations - they, well Amanda certainly have a closer and I'd argue better relationship with him. Plus Eddie has made a thing about how he wants to keep him again today.

I reckon we might see a breakthrough on this soon-ish.

Ashworth could of let his contract run down, to get him to Man Utd on a free transfer

A perfect example of how to coach a player.

And a perfect example of a player not giving up and adapting his role.

A joke of a forward… An absolute beast in midfield and it’s shown by how much we miss him when he’s not there.

Well deserved a new contract, yes of course he’s asking for obscene money, but that’s the going rate these days whether we like it or not.

Better than wasting £50m on Kalvin Phillips

There’s a thought… like it was mentioned on another thread, just give that man some marigolds and a toilet brush for the rest of his contract

This is one of few players we have that no way we should allow to leave. He’s different, very good technically, has steel and a good attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Ashworth could of let his contract run down, to get him to Man Utd on a free transfer
    I honestly would not be surprised if that was at least in the back of his mind-and that's being generous. This INEOS link isn't new so he'll have made his mind up to join Man U months ago.

Slimy, little shite.

He was probably the one who wanted us to spend £50m on McTomaNOOOOOOPE!

Glad he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    He was probably the one who wanted us to spend £50m on McTomaNOOOOOOPE!

Glad he's gone.
    Ashworth is 100% slime! Glad to see the stench of this bloke gone from our club, and I have no doubt, as ZIPPS earlier mentions, that ASHWORTH had decided months ago to join MANURE. Joelinton is Newcastle through and through, pay him close to what he wants, he's a player we cannot replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    So, according to "exclusives" the reason that Big Joe wasn't signing a contract extension is because Dan Ashworth was leading the negotiations and he wasn't willing to bump Joes wages from 43K to 110K.

Amanda and Darren Eales are now leading the negotiations - they, well Amanda certainly have a closer and I'd argue better relationship with him. Plus Eddie has made a thing about how he wants to keep him again today.

I reckon we might see a breakthrough on this soon-ish.
    Well worth his 110k. And deserved. He'd get more elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)