+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election

General Election

Who will you be voting this time? and who did you vote last time (i know the answer is obvious).
    I personally won’t be voting. As much as we need this current inept bunch out, I fear Starmer is going to be our Biden. He doesn’t have a clue and lacks any leadership. It seems like we have so many similarities with the US.

I’d rather a PM that isn’t always in the headline for his party doing some wrong doing. Also why does a party need to be so divisive as this one, we’re not exactly a happy nation are we. Are we? There’s already a build up of division, prejudice taking place.. a tactic used previously by Farij and co, including BoJo. It’s so obvious it’s happening again and the oldies are falling for the bait.

Anyway, so pleased we have new owners now to replace Lai. If we can see how much change we needed at Albion, surely we can see this with our PM.

Also, what’s with the delay in calling a general election? If this was happening at the Albion - i’m sure you’ll all be well peed off.

Hi Regis - hope you are well! Don’t think I will bother as complete morons in all parties. Also Tory will remain in our area so unless you want a protest vote then why bother.

Best thing for the Tories would be to ditch Sunak before the election and have a leader who can warm to the people and tackle the real issues ie - cost of living - illegal immigration - knife crime. Sadly these Politicians don’t listen to the people.
    Starmer is a complete idiot and if someone like Andy Burnham was the leader then things could be different.

Pray Trump does not get in but think he will and he will become another dictator!

To be completely honest with you Regis I’m at a complete loss in this regard.

I do think that Sunak is a competent leader and he’s also the sort who gets on with the job rather than constantly pop up with sound bites and lack of substance like Boris.

He has the same fundamental problem as Starmer, he’s the leader of at least two parties within his own party, it’s an almost impossible task.

Sunak trying to appease the rabid Right and Starmer trying to appease the zealot nutters to the far Left.

Regardless of whether you liked Thatcher I do believe we need a PM of either persuasion who has a massive pair of b o l l o x and who doesn’t bend with the wind like Starmer does and to a less extent Sunak does.

Sunak is trying to manage a group of swivel eyed loons and inept nomarks, the quality of MP and minister is as low as I can remember.

I listen to Starmer and Rachel Reeves and hear them talk for hours about absolutely nothing, they stand for nothing and have no vision….,other than to bin off their £28b green plan.

The Dim Lebs are the ones that get me shaking my head.

What a sad sack Ed Davey is.

They have a completely open goal in terms of the Eu and Brexit, if I were the leader I would be standing on a platform of rejoining the Eu for starters.

They really should be the go to party for the majority of under 40’s, if they stood on the main theme above and also on a big green agenda they would pick up so many votes from the Green Party as well.

As far as Labour are concerned, I could vote for Andy Burnham and a slightly Right of Centre agenda but I can’t stomach Starmer.

I think he’ll be in great danger from the loonies in his party once he wins power.

My local Tory MP will get in again regardless of how p I s s poor his party is and this my vote is irrelevant which is something of a blessing.

I may vote Lib Dem purely as a protest to help see the Tory Party % of the vote decline and hopefully wake them up.

I do wish their ultra Right lot would join Reform and have done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I do think that Sunak is a competent leader and he’s also the sort who gets on with the job rather than constantly pop up with sound bites and lack of substance like Boris.

He has the same fundamental problem as Starmer, he’s the leader of at least two parties within his own party, it’s an almost impossible task.

Sunak trying to appease the rabid Right and Starmer trying to appease the zealot nutters to the far Left.

Regardless of whether you liked Thatcher I do believe we need a PM of either persuasion who has a massive pair of b o l l o x and who doesn’t bend with the wind like Starmer does and to a less extent Sunak does.

Sunak is trying to manage a group of swivel eyed loons and inept nomarks, the quality of MP and minister is as low as I can remember.

I listen to Starmer and Rachel Reeves and hear them talk for hours about absolutely nothing, they stand for nothing and have no vision….,other than to bin off their £28b green plan.

They have a completely open goal in terms of the Eu and Brexit, if I were the leader I would be standing on a platform of rejoining the Eu for starters.

They really should be the go to party for the majority of under 40’s, if they stood on the main theme above and also on a big green agenda they would pick up so many votes from the Green Party as well.

As far as Labour are concerned, I could vote for Andy Burnham and a slightly Right of Centre agenda but I can’t stomach Starmer.

I think he’ll be in great danger from the loonies in his party once he wins power.

My local Tory MP will get in again regardless of how p I s s poor his party is and this my vote is irrelevant which is something of a blessing.

I may vote Lib Dem purely as a protest to help see the Tory Party % of the vote decline and hopefully wake them up.

Agree with you Mick but Sunak is not a likeable person and being part of one of the wealthiest
    Families in the country does not work! He’s out of touch with things like the NHS and cost of living crisis. Many still don’t like the fact his wife still hides behind her Non Dom status and has business interests in India who side with Russia and until recently Russia itself. I think Sunak is indecisive and motivated by power and greed. Best chance the Tories would have is trying to get shot of him before the election.

Agree with parts of what you both are saying. I may regret to say this but O hope Trump gets in. There’s been too many lies about him and a lot of african americans are starting to see it and are endorsing him.

Matters at home, so much fixing needs doing. I’d be bold as saying, sell the nhs and have it owned by those who work there. Employee ownership and get rid of a lot of these unnecessary managers - have had my bad experience of them and seeing the wages they are on - unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Agree with parts of what you both are saying. I may regret to say this but O hope Trump gets in. There’s been too many lies about him and a lot of african americans are starting to see it and are endorsing him.

Matters at home, so much fixing needs doing. I’d be bold as saying, sell the nhs and have it owned by those who work there. Employee ownership and get rid of a lot of these unnecessary managers - have had my bad experience of them and seeing the wages they are on - unbelievable.

Trump will get in! Go to the USA a lot and they love him - they want illegal immigration stopped and he’s the man for it! I wish our yellow belly Politicians would reflect on the huge problems and cost to our tax Payers. Trump whilst not using a good choice of words is also right about NATO Countries paying their share towards Ukraine. Why should the US contribute millions and some NATO countries contribute nothing!! Hungary refuse to do anything and actually pro Russian!

Biden far too old and no sharpness about him and can hardly string a sentence together.

The NHS will go private for sure and free treatment will only be given to those on low salaries/benefits. This will happen for sure.

Both main parties are badly flawed, the Tories being out of touch with anyone with a pulse, Labour are riven with ineptitude, both are two faced with nothing but their own interests truly at the heart of their policy decisions, there is no viable alternative, our politicians and politics are at rock bottom, then you look across the pond and we look like a well oiled machine.
    What’s the solution? Honestly I have no idea but what we don’t want is a populist alternative.

The problem with today’s society is that all the ‘brains’ go into the financial sector because that’s where the ‘big bucks’ are.That leaves us with likes of Angela Rayner as an MP; God help us! We have the talent and the brains in this country but unfortunately very few of these individuals enter into politics.

Agree with a lot of that👍

Whilst Sunak seems reasonable, I do agree with baggieAl though that his wealth makes him totally out of touch with so many ordinary people. The growing divide between the have and are nots in this country is, I believe, a major problem and feeds into all the on-going issues around healthcare, housing, education etc. The majority of Tories simply do not see this and continue to peddle lies like "if you work hard, you will reap the benefits and become successful" and deflect stories around corruption, profiteering, tax evasion or their failures in policy by creating furore using stories around woke, immigration or benefit cheats. I'm not at all saying that such issues are not genuine concerns, just that they are too often used to deflect from bigger ones. Too many of them also do not seem to care and have an "I'm alright Jack" mentality whilst others on the right, like Truss or Cruella, are truly awful ( though I feel similarly about some Labour MPs such as Raynor!)

As you say, both Sunak and Starmer face similar problems with divided parties which neither can unite. But on top of this, both also seem comparatively weak as leaders and I haven't heard any thing from either of them that would let me think they can either lead us out of the current mess or have any policies I can truly get behind.

After 14 years of Conservative rule, most of it poor, some of it spectacularly damaging, it would be an absolute miracle if they win the next election and I can see a lot of tactical voting by many who do not particularly believe in Labour or the other opposition parties, but will vote for them simply to keep the shambolic
    Tories out. A very sad incitement of our politics but also understandable 😞

BTW, Agree with you about Burnham

I'm voting Reform , I've only ever voted Labour in my entire life .

Before someone points it out , yes I do know what I'm voting for so bear with me .

In simple terms it's high time a big feck off hand grenade was lobbed in to Westminster to wake the feckin lot of em up and start imposing law and order on our streets , protecting our borders and stop cow tailing to extremists .

It's the only way by voting Reform in my opinion we are going to see this country back to what we once took for granted .

I don't want to see Reform elected to government just scare the shyte out of the two major parties works for me .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)