+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if Putin Goes For Kiev?

As I said in a previous post above. Putin is a serious threat. During his national speech in the week he again made threats regarding NATO troops on the ground in Ukraine.

Why the hell are the western countries making Ukraine fight with one hand tied behind their backs. Why is the West not giving Moscow any ultimatums .

Our western leaders appear yellow bellied and Putin must be laughing at them. He wags a finger and the west cowers.

Has he done anything in regards to the supply of weapons etc. by the west to Ukraine. No. He said he would but hasn’t because he knows what would happen. And he does not want that to happen until he can choose the when and how.

For starters take the gloves off and allow Ukraine to target legitimate targets within the borders of Russia.

If the Russian bully retaliates then so be it. We will be at war with Russia within the next few years anyway, if we do not make a stand. The writing has been on the wall since 2014, and I think before that. The west did nothing and Putin saw that as a weakness and then invaded Ukraine. Putin won’t stop there. A number of Baltic countries are warning the western countries to pull their heads out of the sand. We are not listening and Putin is is growing bolder and bolder.

We need to stop dilly dallying and make a stand and the sooner we do that the better.
    Last edited by On Balance; 02-03-2024 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    As I said in a previous post above. Putin is a serious threat. During his national speech in the week he again made threats regarding NATO troops on the ground in Ukraine.

Why the hell are the western countries making Ukraine fight with one hand tied behind their backs. Why is the West not giving Moscow any ultimatums .

Our western leaders appear yellow bellied and Putin must be laughing at them. He wags a finger and the west cowers.

Has he done anything in regards to the supply of weapons etc. by the west to Ukraine. No. He said he would but hasn’t because he knows what would happen. And he does not want that to happen until he can choose the when and how.

For starters take the gloves off and allow Ukraine to target legitimate targets within the borders of Russia.

If the Russian bully retaliates then so be it. We will be at war with Russia within the next few years anyway, if we do not make a stand. The writing has been on the wall since 2014, and I think before that. The west did nothing and Putin saw that as a weakness and then invaded Ukraine. Putin won’t stop there. A number of Baltic countries are warning the western countries to pull their heads out of the sand. We are not listening and Putin is is growing bolder and bolder.

We need to stop dilly dallying and make a stand and the sooner we do that the better.

I couldn’t agree more but do you really think that’s going to happen with the Metropolitan Elite types such as Sunak and Starmer running the U.K. and Macron in France plus all of the other lightweights across Western Europe?

I understand why people don’t like Boris and that Truss was financially illiterate but with either of them at the helm or Thatcher or Tony Blair I think we’d be far more on the front foot.

I’m no expert in world affairs but it strikes me that with Germany being so neutered militarily since WW2 it actually leaves us more exposed across Europe.

The USA are becoming about as much use as a one legged man in an a r s e kicking competition, you’d think they’d be more aware of their own geography in regards to Russia.

The whole world is turning to s h I t, it’s hard to see a way out of all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post

Whilst I dislike Trump he’s right on why should the USA send billions in military aid and some members of NATO spend almost nothing or complete nothing. NATO should be revamped and countries like Hungary thrown out if they refuse to contribute!

Too many are wrapped up in Gaza. I feel for the innocents in Gaza but let them get on with it - it’s not for the West to get involved. Look what happened in Afghanistan FFS. Perhaps all those here who feel strongly need to go and fight for whoever they choose - it’s not our war and there’s wars all over the world. Still more innocents being butchered and massacred on our door step than in Gaza. Where’s the hysteria about the Russians and where’s the protests almost every week like the Gaza protests?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Whilst I dislike Trump he’s right on why should the USA send billions in military aid and some members of NATO spend almost nothing or complete nothing. NATO should be revamped and countries like Hungary thrown out if they refuse to contribute!

Too many are wrapped up in Gaza. I feel for the innocents in Gaza but let them get on with it - it’s not for the West to get involved. Look what happened in Afghanistan FFS. Perhaps all those here who feel strongly need to go and fight for whoever they choose - it’s not our war and there’s wars all over the world. Still more innocents being butchered and massacred on our door step than in Gaza. Where’s the hysteria about the Russians and where’s the protests almost every week like the Gaza protests?
    My point exactly. However, I dislike, I loath Trump and think he is part of the problem. He may have a point to so degree but division is the Achilles heel Putin seeks. As Putin is the voice and the only voice of Russia there is no division. Trump is just what Putin needs. He is, to all intense and purpose an ally of Putin. He is the one who will provide Putin with the ticket to victory, because NATO, unlike Russia is not one unit. And that makes Nato weak. A that makes Trump an ally to Putin. Americans need to wake up. And wake up fast.

Putin’s most likely downfall will be at the hands of his own people but unfortunately, that is not a likely scenario in the short term. One day, the Russian people will find out that they have been lied to and will be made aware of the numbers that have been killed in Ukraine. When that day comes, I would imagine that Putin will be on his private plane and be off to China. Once the number of people that turn reaches a threshold, he will be doomed; it could happen next week but more likely to be too many years in the future for us to feel comfortable! From the West, it will be only containment and appeasement.

Or war (Heaven forbid)!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)