+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shirlon Patel on the Albion takeover

Shirlon Patel on the Albion takeover

Could you ask for anything more from an owner?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Could you ask for anything more from an owner?

Adrian Goldberg seems to think our fans are going to be asked to pay more to watch the side and wonders what the reaction might be.

I think fans need to be realistic, ticket prices have been held down for years now, although times are tough I think people need to understand that whilst we are out of the top division they need to pay a bit more.

Easy for me to say I guess.

I would be ok paying a bit more .
    I would also think supporters could also chip in with a bit of sponsorship ,maybe a lotto .

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Adrian Goldberg seems to think our fans are going to be asked to pay more to watch the side and wonders what the reaction might be.

I think fans need to be realistic, ticket prices have been held down for years now, although times are tough I think people need to understand that whilst we are out of the top division they need to pay a bit more.

Easy for me to say I guess.

I agree prices should increase and away supporters should be charged exactly the same as West Brom fans are charged at their grounds. If the club can’t do that because the Smethwick is one stand and both sets of supporters need to be charged the same - get around it by making the Smethwick end season ticket only for our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree prices should increase and away supporters should be charged exactly the same as West Brom fans are charged at their grounds. If the club can’t do that because the Smethwick is one stand and both sets of supporters need to be charged the same - get around it by making the Smethwick end season ticket only for our fans.

I agree with all of that.

Our price for away fans should exactly match the price our lot get charged for away matches.

I want to hear the owner’s full vision for the club and I want to hear about his personal willingness to invest his own funds.

I also want to hear about plans to redevelop the ground ASAP.

The chairman says he wants to be “hands on”…..good……crack on then.

As soon as the last I is dotted, I want to see and hear lots from Shilen.

I agree with all of that.

Our price for away fans should exactly match the price our lot get charged for away matches.

I want to hear the owner’s full vision for the club and I want to hear about his personal willingness to invest his own funds.

I also want to hear about plans to redevelop the ground ASAP.

The chairman says he wants to be “hands on”…..good……crack on then.

As soon as the last I is dotted, I want to see and hear lots from Shilen.
    So I guess you want your Shilens worth then Mick 😉

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    So I guess you want your Shilens worth then Mick 😉
    I said last week, I didn’t want him keeping his hand on his Shilen! 😏🤣🤣

I said last week, I didn’t want him keeping his hand on his Shilen! 😏🤣🤣
    I remember that 🤣

He needs to replace the whole board and bring in a top guy he trusts plus a decent recruitment director with a message - donkeys stay on Blackpool beach!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)