+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Sutton United FC 27.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Aden Balwin is a bell end… his arrogance doesn’t match his football ability. I get he’s frustrated, I get that someone may have said something, but to do what he did last night (accident or not) is unforgivable.
    As with Crowley it's pure frustration, just not channeled in the right way at this moment. In a sense I welcome it as a sign that they do care about the criticism, because it would be even more worrying if they were impassive.

Luke Williams was spot on in his early days when he interpreted the booing of fans as a stimulus to try harder and do better, if not for the fans, then for yourselves as professional footballers seeking to reach the highest level you can.

The fans are essentially right that defensive performances haven't been good enough, and that's the way they communicate it to the players at the end of a match. If Cameron, Baldwin et al want to stay at this level or progress higher, they've got to suck up that criticism and use it as a driver to improve. Use it to develop the mental toughness you need.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    As with Crowley it's pure frustration, just not channeled in the right way at this moment. In a sense I welcome it as a sign that they do care about the criticism, because it would be even more worrying if they were impassive.

Luke Williams was spot on in his early days when he interpreted the booing of fans as a stimulus to try harder and do better, if not for the fans, then for yourselves as professional footballers seeking to reach the highest level you can.

The fans are essentially right that defensive performances haven't been good enough, and that's the way they communicate it to the players at the end of a match. If Cameron, Baldwin et al want to stay at this level or progress higher, they've got to suck up that criticism and use it as a driver to improve. Use it to develop the mental toughness you need.
    Agree.

I thought The Kop until that (Baldwin) point were still trying to back the boys. I was more bothered by that lump running riot up front. Still seething that no one smashed in to him.
    A couple of groans, I think the one Crowley responded to was when the young centre back had the chance to cross the ball but passed back to the half way line. The reality is the bloke is 6ft 3in and probably is never practicing his crosses, let alone to whom he crosses too. I sympathise with him.

Results against the current top 8

1 Mansfield Lost both 1-4 0-1
    2 Stockport Lost 1-2
    3 Crewe Lost both 1-3 0-1
    4 Wrexham Lost both 0-1 0-2
    5 MK Dons Drew 1-1
    6 Barrow Drew both 1-1 1-1
    7 Walsall Lost 1-2
    8 Gillingham Lost 1-3 Won 2-1

Which shows against the good teams we are out of our depth playing as we do
    I'd imagine most if not all of those we play with wingers as wing backs

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    On his day he is.

Prone to drop absolute clangers, made worse by a lack of desire to rectify it. Look at last nights howler, head goes down and ambles back. Or the absolute u5 defending v Shrewsbury.

I have seen St Mirren v Ross County last night… the defender dropped a clanger and did his utmost to atone, failed, but at least tried.

Aden Balwin is a bell end… his arrogance doesn’t match his football ability. I get he’s frustrated, I get that someone may have said something, but to do what he did last night (accident or not) is unforgivable.
    I agree I think he has all the attributes to be very good but he’s got a massive mistake in him but then again how much is he put on him to have the ball all the time. I imagine he probably does the most passes in the team, so for example if you’re doing nearly 70 plus a game (that’s a guess) probably 1 is going to go horribly wrong now and again. My main point is I think he’s streets ahead of what else we have and there lies the problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I agree I think he has all the attributes to be very good but he’s got a massive mistake in him but then again how much is he put on him to have the ball all the time. I imagine he probably does the most passes in the team, so for example if you’re doing nearly 70 plus a game (that’s a guess) probably 1 is going to go horribly wrong now and again. My main point is I think he’s streets ahead of what else we have and there lies the problem for me.
    Don't think he had made many passes last night when after 16 minutes he had his latest brainfart

Baldwin and Cameron both look more like midfielders than defenders to me, if anything. Their defensive instincts just aren't there. They don't spot danger early and consistently enough. That's not to say they never make a good tackle or intervention - of course they do - but then the next minute they lose concentration and undo that good work. They're both more bothered about getting on the ball rather than keeping it away from our goal and out of our net, and that's where the balance in our team isn't there at present.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    It worked to start with as we were an unknown entity, then after a while most clubs sussed us out and he was clueless in how to react. His answer was to keep doing the same and thats when the rot set in..
    He had a win rate of 65-70% over 18 months id say he WASNT found out at all.

How could MOST sides have sussed us when we got over 100 points last season and after half a season we sat in a play off place.

As stated Klopp/Pep do same things over over over again you know why because they believe in the players/system are they hopeless too ?

I was referring to this season...Hence the unknown entity...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I was referring to this season...Hence the unknown entity...
    We were unknown last season even more so as LW had never managed us.

But lets play your game then we were sat 6th when he left so only 5/23 were better than us now I wouldnt call that getting found out.

LW is now in the championship and we have a guy who wont get a club like us again.

Levels always levels in sport and what we had before is miles better than what we have now.

It doesn't get any better!! Headless chickens springs to mind

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast