+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Sutton United FC 27.02.24 [EFL L2]

The players do not look happy ,their body language suggests that.The reasons we can only guess at ,but that team is not going to win any games.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePieWhoCameIn View Post
    Agree, I think 2nd half v Walsall was worst 45 mins of football I've seen this season, worse than last night.
    SM was the continuity candidate and we have continuity. Like for like his results are only one different from LW (Gillingham) who back then had the luxury of Palmer.
    It's far too early to make any judgement based on results. Yes we were top under LW, briefly, but the table now tells us that it was wins against all the crap teams that put us there.
    Nothing particularly has changed for me since the middle of October. We are inconsistent, not just between games but actually in games. The way we play is still a high-stakes 'you score x, we'll score x+1'.

The players we have available are largely the same. The same risks and frailties of the system. Why would the outcomes be any different? Inconsistent?

The only difference is that LW was stubborn in his approach, plan B was plan A but better.
    SM is at least willing to change it if it's not working, maybe a bit too readily. Either way, there is only so much anyone can do with this squad which isn't going to change short term.
    St Neil of Warnock sounds like he's got a similar set of problems at Aberdeen and he's made no impact so far.

Some match specific observations. I think there's a ? over our fitness. As in previous games, I thought we were good first half, we should have been out of sight by HT, we weren't due to individual clangers and a lack of clinical edge in/around the box. Our second half drop off then bit us hard.

Some people saying it's criminal to move Macca out of the No.9 position. Well ok but that means Jatta purchase was pointless because he looks every bit like a shoulder-of-the-last-man, get in behind and score striker. If we use him like that he could be a right handful, but instead we say 'oh here comes the big lad, let's hoof it up to him and see if he can work a miracle'. Nope.

That's enough now. Bedtime.
    Inconsistent? We are very consistent. We lose every game.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Yet again we've conceded in the first fif**** minutes, five this time.
    The manager will carry the can but Warners short back pass and Crowleys idiotic penalty tackle really hung Maynard out to dry. For the third the keeper has made a double save and still the defence couldn't clear it.
    That squad of players have had loads of praise but they're underperforming and it's not all down to tactics and formations, in fact most of it isn't, it's catastrophic mistakes and a midfield and defence that are collectively lightweight.
    Same against Chesterfield - and we sorted it - that didnt happen in L2

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Kyle Cameron, our supposed captain, apparently also had an altercation with some notts fans upon leaving the pitch at full time too. What a delight this season is turning into...
    Somebody giving it - so for entertainment Kyle told them to f off

TBf Sutton thrashed us early on - not surprised with result albeit much closer

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435