+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Sutton United FC 27.02.24 [EFL L2]

I still think we will win this game tonight, but this opening quarter hardly inspires confidence for the rest of the season.

We may need to respect the point tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Richard Montague should be ashamed of himself, how can he piss 2 transfer windows up the wall not strengthening the defence it's disgusting, and now I've seen the goal I realise it's even worse. People are laughing at us all the time and I'm sick of it.
    It goes back further than 2 windows, Baldwin is as big a liability than Cameron and Nemane. All 3 have mistakes in them, time bombs … watching this you wouldn’t know who the home team is.

Just goes to show what a role confidence and a charismatic manager plays. We look like we have no faith in our own ability to play football, and Maynard doesn’t look like someone who can motivate when things get seriously bad.

Incredibly- I don't think there is anything wrong with the squad. Needs someone to motivate and organise. Not sure that's Maynard. In any case, this is horrible and they are so low on confidence. Seems a long time since Newport and even Doncaster where we were joyous.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
    Just goes to show what a role confidence and a charismatic manager plays. We look like we have no faith in our own ability to play football, and Maynard doesn’t look like someone who can motivate when things get seriously bad.
    This. Sums it up so far.

If we lose this, crowds will drastically drop, Maynard won't last the season, and next year's budget will be lower.

We started off so timidly yet again. Baldwin was casual with his back pass. He has a lot of talent but lacks the concentration to be a professional footballer. Unfortunately our keeper also looks a bag of nerves

Living too far away to get to games any more, I don't really comment much on match threads, but if this run continues, I can see the owners cutting their losses pretty swiftly and removing Maynard.

There has been so much positivity around Notts in recent times, and they simply can't afford to lose that. If our league position drops further and gates dwindle (which they will if things continue as they are) then surely they will want to make a change to arrest the decline.

Sutton 3 ahots and 2 goals...nothing fancy from them...very direct and Notts can't deal with it... Notts look like conceding every time Sutton come forward

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast