+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Give the manager more time

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    We should be able to beat AFC Wimbledon at home. I will be disappointed if we don't. They aren't even in great form ATM.

But yeah we're in worse form at present and on trend we'll score a bunch of goals but concede at least one more.
    Exatly what I thought last weekend about the poorest team sitting bottom of the league Sutton United and how wrong I was If someone had told me Sutton would do the double on us and score 9 goals against us I'd have asked for a pint of what they're drinking

We can't link league position to results though can we; As it stands it would be an each way bet at best on Notts winning.

Can SM turn it round? I don’t know. The evidence from away matches is that he probably can. The evidence from home matches points the other way. One thing I am sure about, is that the switch from being a part time manager to a full time manager (and this applies to the people he brought with him) is challenging in itself. A manager (or head coach if you prefer) has to know how to make the most of the time available, and how to juggle a lot of demands. Part time, he has to do the basics extremely well. Full time, he has to prioritise, at the same time as learning all about the strengths, weaknesses and characters of all the players and staff.

I think we can probably all agree that LW was very good at man management. His weaknesses lay elsewhere. SM was bound to take time to get up to speed, and I still think it’s too soon to judge his ability as head coach of a full time professional club. The feel good factor has gone for now because of the shocking defensive errors, and that applies to everyone in the club as well as to fans. It’s a huge challenge to turn that round - it’s a different mindset that’s needed to claw our way up the table, than to feel we’re doing well and flying high. Someone like Jones will find it easier to play brilliantly when he is feeling great, or when he is confident that a failed attacking move won’t lead to an inevitable mistake at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    ......that a failed attacking move won’t lead to an inevitable mistake at the back.
    I think that last part runs throughout the team and is partly the cause of the ineffective midfield support play. Everyone seems nervous and I guess that contributes to a lack of confidence and commitment going forward ('cos what's going to happen behind us?).

Give him as much time as you want while the fanbase declines.He is a LOSER ,fact,get rid TONIGHT

Feel sorry for him tbh, I blame Montague and to a lesser extent the owners.

All time shortest reign by league games in charge
    Full time managers only.......

14 Wilf Fisher
    14 Howard Kendall
    14 Gary Brazil (2nd spell)
    13 Craig Short
    12 Andy Beattie
    12 Jamie Fullarton
    11 Harry Kewell
    10 Mark Cooper
    7 Hans Backe

Maynard now on 8 games in charge after the Wimbledon loss.

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Feel sorry for him tbh, I blame Montague and to a lesser extent the owners.
    Why he has more players to choose from than LW did.

I keep saying it we were 6th he walked into a team in a good position and now look at us a complete shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I also think we’ve realised that certain players have hit their ceiling, it was evident under LW, I wouldn’t say any player has seriously dropped that much in form since SM got here. I think there a loss of confidence accumulated from letting so many goals in throughout and at home now it’s coming out more as they feel the pressure more, we’ve had some very good performances at least away if not the results.
    I thought I'd hold back off a reply until after today. I think you're wrong and virtue signalling for patience when the iceberg has already hit the Titanic.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast