+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discipline

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Could you explain this please, I'm in A block of the pavis so couldn't see what was re Crowley
    After his first goal, he turned to the Kop and did the hands-to-ears gesture that you usually see opposition players do to wind up fans. He was obviously angry about some of the negative 'support' the team was getting. I didn't realise Warner had been singled out - if so, that's pretty ****ty, but still, professional footballers shouldn't do what Crowley did.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Could you explain this please, I'm in A block of the pavis so couldn't see what was re Crowley
    We were in their half from our corner I think and Warner gave it back to LAH. People in the bottom half of the Kop were booing/jeering and Crowley went a bit mental. Scored soon after and he cupped his hand etc. Fair enough I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Crowley’s getting some stick for his celebration, but he was only sticking up for his young team mate, and he was our only player of any quality tonight. I don’t think the players rightly or wrongly want to play for this bloke and everything else leads on from that.
    Ah thanks

Crowley’s getting some stick for his celebration, but he was only sticking up for his young team mate, and he was our only player of any quality tonight. I don’t think the players rightly or wrongly want to play for this bloke and everything else leads on from that.
    How about playing for themselves as paid professionals, their team mates, a famous club, and oh yeah, the fans who have been turning out in bigger numbers than recent years.

Just a thought.

I really felt for Warner when he got booed but fans are entitled to and I guess it was more overall frustration that had built up with the team but unfortunately that’s not going to help a young player.
    We need someone like Mcgoldrick to get hold of this team in-house as a senior respected pro.

Maybe SMs not up to it but he seems a good guy and if you can’t put the hard yards in and control yourself for him and us fans then I’m sorry you need to go.
    I think the main issue many players just aren’t good enough.
    I’ve been positive up to the last few weeks, we will stay up but there’s a massive issue coming in the summer. We have the likes of Langstaff and Jones and maybe Crowley who will go and then a load of players not good enough which is caused by the imbalance in the squad.
    I will back SM, if your captain can’t be bothered or good enough to go and win basic headers and then give it at the end we have problems, do you talking on the pitch.

I think some of the players are a little confused why a club like Notts would bring in a non league part time coach with zero experience of the football league. I guess some of them think they're being belittled by this. It's clear Maynard is an easy touch unlike Williams who would get mad at players after a poor performance. Players need to have that respect with a hint of fear, look at Warnocks career.

I said before last night we need 3 points nothing less and if that didn't happen Maynard needs to go and I'm sticking by that. I can't see where the next win is coming from. And don't get me started on our "Captain"!!!!

People obviously have the ‘right’ to boo the young lad from Norwich, the question is what good do they think it will do?
    It wasn’t particularly aimed at him, although he made the last backward pass of many, it was a general frustration at what we the paying customers were seeing. If the players can’t accept a bit of booing whatever their age then they’re in the wrong game.
    Notts supporters have tried to get behind this team especially in the last month or so when our downward spiral began but enough is enough now and this set of players need to show some fight.

I see one of players has tweeted about an incident last night but it does not amount to an apology.

Who is controlling the PR? The club needs to be all over last night's PR disaster of player/fan friction.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    After his first goal, he turned to the Kop and did the hands-to-ears gesture that you usually see opposition players do to wind up fans. He was obviously angry about some of the negative 'support' the team was getting. I didn't realise Warner had been singled out - if so, that's pretty ****ty, but still, professional footballers shouldn't do what Crowley did.
    Not a good sign at all. The way he shrugged off Nemane as well - who was just trying to congratulate him.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Not a good sign at all. The way he shrugged off Nemane as well - who was just trying to congratulate him.
    Yes I noticed the Nemane push (several pushes). Crowley was really wound up. That said he put in the best performance he has managed for a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12