+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discipline

Discipline

Captain in confrontation with fans, a player booting a ball in to the Kop (accidentally or not) - then telling fans to f off, Crowley's celebration, plus a general lack of care for the cause shown by some on the pitch tonight. Williams was not on top of defensive frailties but I don't believe this kind of stuff would have been seen or accepted under him.

The club is in desperate need of a manager not a head coach, surely that is evident?

Quote Originally Posted by Little15 View Post
    Captain in confrontation with fans, a player booting a ball in to the Kop (accidentally or not) - then telling fans to f off, Crowley's celebration, plus a general lack of care for the cause shown by some on the pitch tonight. Williams was not on top of defensive frailties but I don't believe this kind of stuff would have been seen or accepted under him.

The club is in desperate need of a manager not a head coach, surely that is evident?
    Or a head coach that knows what he is doing and with some charisma.

Crowley’s getting some stick for his celebration, but he was only sticking up for his young team mate, and he was our only player of any quality tonight. I don’t think the players rightly or wrongly want to play for this bloke and everything else leads on from that.

Agree discipline has gone, obvious players have no or lack respect who they brought in and aren’t running through walls like they previously did, a sign normally that players aren’t playing for a manager.
    I can’t believe that football has come to the point where a bloke on the touch line is employed now to hover around the dug out with a playbook in his hand showing players plays etc.
    This is football not some yank crap sport what an absolute shambles.

I thought Crowley's celebration was a worrying sign, especially from a player with his usually calm demeanour. Obviously lots of pent-up frustration, and all that unity between players and fans that was soi special under Williams seems to have evaporated.

The good thing about football is another opportunity is just around the corner. Bradford on Saturday, big crowd and a ****ty pitch is a real opportunity for the players to demonstrate their respect for the club, the manager and the fans by performing like professionals.
    As at Stockport, the result is sometimes less important than the performance. The players were applauded and serenaded despite defeat, as we fans knew they had done their best.
    That is all we can ask and it is the least they should deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Crowley’s getting some stick for his celebration, but he was only sticking up for his young team mate, and he was our only player of any quality tonight. I don’t think the players rightly or wrongly want to play for this bloke and everything else leads on from that.
    I can understand Crowleys frustration but turning on your own fans doesn’t bode well.
    Many of us have stuck by our team through thick and mostly thin and we have a right to express our feelings. It wasn’t abusive. And if Cameron asks us to lift our game once more I think my head will explode ! How dare he when his own game is diabolical and in need of lifting ?
    A lot of our players just aren’t good enough, which I can accept but the lack of grit and determination our defence shows is not acceptable and they need to know about it.
    If they’re not playing for Maynard they’re not earning their wage and as professionals they should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    I can understand Crowleys frustration but turning on your own fans doesn’t bode well.
    Many of us have stuck by our team through thick and mostly thin and we have a right to express our feelings. It wasn’t abusive. And if Cameron asks us to lift our game once more I think my head will explode ! How dare he when his own game is diabolical and in need of lifting ?
    A lot of our players just aren’t good enough, which I can accept but the lack of grit and determination our defence shows is not acceptable and they need to know about it.
    If they’re not playing for Maynard they’re not earning their wage and as professionals they should be ashamed.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    People obviously have the ‘right’ to boo the young lad from Norwich, the question is what good do they think it will do?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Could you explain this please, I'm in A block of the pavis so couldn't see what was re Crowley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast