+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would your next manager be

Who would your next manager be

Pete Wild from Barrow for me.He has done as much as he can there and Notts would be a step up.Incidentally we need to abandon our philosophy on how to play football we all want a winning team.

Preferably one used to league football.

Get mad dog back

Somebody with professional experience. Couldn't understand when SM appointed that, as we were now a league club in a strong position in the league & go for someone who basically managed a club on the side. There had to be better candidates looking for the job. Money for most would probably not been a problem due to the compo for LW. I'd put JoB back in charge until the end of the season. He knows LW style of play & the players would know their pattern of play. Couldn't be any worse.
    I said before SM got the job, would he have the respect of the players due to where he came from & his experience

At the time of LW’s departure we needed to bring somebody in that wasn’t a left field appointment but somebody that fans and players alike would be instantly encouraged by his appointment and who as a fan you would back to the hilt. The reception to SM’s appointment seemed luke warm and sceptical, when it needed to be an appointment that got the fans backing from the off.

We missed a short term trick with Warnock who would have possibly allowed for a more timely and researched appointment to take place in the summer. Right now I think we need that kind of character, somebody to come in that is more a motivator than a training ground technician.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Pete Wild from Barrow for me.He has done as much as he can there and Notts would be a step up.Incidentally we need to abandon our philosophy on how to play football we all want a winning team.
    I think if we'd have appointed Pete Wild in January, we'd be in with a decent shout of getting promoted. He's consistently great wherever he goes and doesn't need a big budget to get teams playing well. His teams are always incredibly tough to play against and well organised. But does he fit the owners' template? The whole philosophy thing becomes a bit worrying in that respect - are we stuck with the glaring issues we can all see forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Pretty football doesn’t get you out of league 2 I’m afraid past promotion clubs have proved that there always physical, have a couple of bruisers instead of 11 fairies and a team that isn’t pretty but gets results even Mansfield are physical and have a couple of big bruisers who can play a bit.
    Tbh I couldn’t care less how pretty a game is too watch I’d rather get results than watch 11 fairies trying to steal a living and passing backwards all the time.
    Results win prizes, pocession stats don’t.
    Too much deadwood at the club players not upto EFL standard, couple of bad signings a recruitment bloke who can’t see any further than 2 inch in front of him what the problems are and also to top it off the most underwhelming managerial appointment via BT.
    I’m not a stat man myself but I’m guessing SM so far as manager of this football club is worse than the worst of the worst we’ve had to endure in since and Fullarton?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think if we'd have appointed Pete Wild in January, we'd be in with a decent shout of getting promoted. He's consistently great wherever he goes and doesn't need a big budget to get teams playing well. His teams are always incredibly tough to play against and well organised. But does he fit the owners' template? The whole philosophy thing becomes a bit worrying in that respect - are we stuck with the glaring issues we can all see forever?
    Stick with this philosophy bull ****e and next season we will go down if the correct signings aren’t made when we lose our better players during the summer.

Pete Wild of Barrow? Are people mad? Horrible football and they're also dropping like a stone! I'd rather take Burchnall back than that!

I really don't know who I'd want, I didn't when LW left but I can tell you now, it wasn't Stuart Maynard

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Stick with this philosophy bull ****e and next season we will go down if the correct signings aren’t made when we lose our better players during the summer.
    Or perhaps we'll sign better defenders and keeper and improve. Most of our shortcomings are in our squad.
    I don't see any permutation that gives us a combative midfield without a fit Palmer, I don't think any of the keepers, Brooks included are top end L2 and I don't think anyone will coach the mistakes out of or bring enough grit to our defence to make it a solid unit.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast