+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Goodwin GTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    I can agree with you about the tactics being wrong but let's be honest we were 2nd best to every ball and lost every tackle and header and that is down to motivation,, even though the tactics aren't working there's no excuse for the individual performances put in last night. Again I can agree to some extent about the youngsters not stepping up but let's be honest they are held to a far higher standard than your Watts and Middleton's, watt and Middleton under perform week after week put are continually picked, the youngsters get 10 minutes here or there most weeks if they are lucky, then they get thrown in out of the blue to start a game, often in Mochrie and Meekison's case not in their best position then regardless of how anyone else around them is performing they get hauled off at HT or early 2nd half then dropped for the next run of games. How is any young players going to perform under these circumstances? They need to be given the same opportunities that others do. In the Patrick game last week Meekison came on for the last few minutes the ball got played to him in the number 10 position, in the commentators words he " took it on the half turn and looked to drive forward" when has Watt done that in that role he'd rather take the ball in to feet and pass it back, take a fancy flick and lose it or turn in to the defender and throw himself to the ground, this along with the hoof up the park to Moult to try and hold up or run after all makes our creative play far too slow or loses possession too easily. We need someone in there to take the ball on the half turn, draw a defender to slip it through to Moult or the wingers in space, Moult would thrive on that as would our wingers, the wingers very rarely beat their defender someone playing the way Meekison wants to means they don't have too, he can draw the fullback and slip it in behind.
    In essence what I'm trying to say is we need a Charlie Millar type player as a 10 to bring out the best in the players around him, I'm not in any way comparing Meekison to Charlie but in my opinion in that role he is miles ahead of any other option we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Crazy, it's nothing to do with the fans. 🤔
    Got to laugh . This mentality that it's somehow the fans fault is minging. I'm by no means a 'happy clapper' but I'm seeing boys on forms and socials blaming the fans for putting up with the sh1te. Is there some fans group that I'm not aware of that can hire and fire managers?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    Got to laugh . This mentality that it's somehow the fans fault is minging. I'm by no means a 'happy clapper' but I'm seeing boys on forms and socials blaming the fans for putting up with the sh1te. Is there some fans group that I'm not aware of that can hire and fire managers?
    🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    Remind me, who got rid of the snake? McKinnon? Laszlo? Where are the “Goodwin GTF” chants last night or on many other occasions this season?

Where’s the protests? We deserve what we get and we get what we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by ETAuldncrabbit View Post
    Remind me, who got rid of the snake? McKinnon? Laszlo? Where are the “Goodwin GTF” chants last night or on many other occasions this season?

Where’s the protests? We deserve what we get and we get what we deserve.

You are an utter clown, we are in a title race, that counter productive, that's bit support, that for if we fail to get promotion, would be the biggest clown move ever to start that right now while we are top 7 games to go

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    You are an utter clown, we are in a title race, that counter productive, that's bit support, that for if we fail to get promotion, would be the biggest clown move ever to start that right now while we are top 7 games to go
    Cheers, rather a clown than a happy clapper like yourself. Haven’t managed to read your positive spin on last night yet. Wonder why.

I knew you’d play the still top card though, well done. You deserve to be watching home games against Falkirk next season.

Cheers, rather a clown than a happy clapper like yourself. Haven’t managed to read your positive spin on last night yet. Wonder why.

I knew you’d play the still top card though, well done. You deserve to be watching home games against Falkirk next season.
    Whilst I rarely (ok never) agree with Shedka, I also can't agree with your rhetoric that this is somehow down to the fans. Happy clapper or miserable c*nt, it's not us pulling the strings and any decisions made will be made by Ogren . What fans think, want or demand won't happen until Goodwins position becomes untenable. While we are still top it's just not going to happen. For the record I'd pay his taxi right f*cking now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Whilst I rarely (ok never) agree with Shedka, I also can't agree with your rhetoric that this is somehow down to the fans. Happy clapper or miserable c*nt, it's not us pulling the strings and any decisions made will be made by Ogren . What fans think, want or demand won't happen until Goodwins position becomes untenable. While we are still top it's just not going to happen. For the record I'd pay his taxi right f*cking now.
    I’m not saying it’s down to the fans, it’s patently obviously down to the clown in charge and the players. What i am saying though is that the fans can and do influence off field matters. If we didn’t Asghar would still be here surely?

I’m not saying it’s down to the fans, it’s patently obviously down to the clown in charge and the players. What i am saying though is that the fans can and do influence off field matters. If we didn’t Asghar would still be here surely?
    Well in that case I've done my part by starting this thread 😂

These threads are great for getting it out of your system and I don't have a problem with that but he's going nowhere until the league is decided.
    As fans we need to stay behind the players because this is the future of the club at stake. We can't afford not to get promoted.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)