+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodwin GTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    From his post match interview last night Goodwin said that we moved the ball too slow and made poor decisions in final third, but that it's not something he's had to say about the players too much...
    Well you've said it quite a lot recently, in fact for the past couple of months at least. But acknowledging that would be admitting the players don't listen or are unable to take on his instructions.
    No danger he will be sacked but I have no faith in him getting this shower motivated and pushing us over the line. Need to pray Raith f ucking Rovers bottle it worse.
    The worrying part is I’m not sure he knows our best eleven or the formation which suits our squad best. The choice of team was surprising and we looked lightweight in midfield. The substitutions came too late especially Cudjoe.

The number of times we gave the ball away was frightening. Tony Watt, as captain especially, should not be talking back to the referee even if he was pish poor.

I think we’re stuck with Goodwin, no money to sack a manager or bring another in.

He has though lost the goodwill of the support, not because we lost a couple of matches, rather because the football has been so poor with the players at his disposal

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    From his post match interview last night Goodwin said that we moved the ball too slow and made poor decisions in final third, but that it's not something he's had to say about the players too much...
    Well you've said it quite a lot recently, in fact for the past couple of months at least. But acknowledging that would be admitting the players don't listen or are unable to take on his instructions.
    No danger he will be sacked but I have no faith in him getting this shower motivated and pushing us over the line. Need to pray Raith f ucking Rovers bottle it worse.
    Exactly what he said on Saturday!!!!

Raith did bottle it, but good old Utd gave them their mojo back after five defeats on the bounce and they're two wins and a draw since.

We have to play Morton away twice and Raith at home once before the end of the season. FEAR.

Trying to look at it from a Goodwin perspective, it seems a bit strange he has stuck so resolutely to the team, formation, tactics for so long, especially at home when it hasn't been working, then drastically alters things two games back to back, after what was actually a fairly good performance v Raith. I know he has cited all the upcoming games, but seems a radical departure from his previous form. Bad judgement, panic? I don't know. I think our team just needed tweaking.

Still baffled how he took moult off Saturday and played watt the whole game basically and then started him again last night ahead of moult despite a poor performance. It was like playing without a striker as he never got in the box. Grieve actually did ok for grieve, but he is fairly poor, surprised he started too. Assumed like moult, cujoe was coming off Saturday with Tuesday in mind

Remember how awful we were last season and the players were just mince. Goodwin brought in a decent team for this division but after the 1st quarter the other teams sussed how one dimensional we were using Middleton and McMann down the left. As people have said there is no plan B, no heart, no muscle, no urgency and no high pressing. We are a run of the mill championship team that had a good start to the season.

Middleton played 29 games and has 10 assists but 3 of those were in one game. Minus that game, it makes it 1 assist every 4 games so either his delivery is not good enough not often enough or the forwards are mince. It's a bit of both as our top scorer is now 4th in the league's top scorer charts.

Everyone could see it is the final third we are lacking so we brought in Grieve who is another Niskannen and a centre half who won't get a game.

There is not one player - except probably Sibbald - who would get near a top 9 Premiership team. If we go up they will hopefully all get left in this division where they belong and next year will be a team full of loan deals.

I think Goodwin will leave at the end of the season if we get promoted his stock will be high with the defensive side and he'll be off to the English lower leagues while he can. He'll get his jotters if we don't get promoted.

Have a feeling Jon Daly will be here next season.

Anyway 1st post, arabest troops it's going to be fun and games between now and the season end.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabThor View Post
    Remember how awful we were last season and the players were just mince. Goodwin brought in a decent team for this division but after the 1st quarter the other teams sussed how one dimensional we were using Middleton and McMann down the left. As people have said there is no plan B, no heart, no muscle, no urgency and no high pressing. We are a run of the mill championship team that had a good start to the season.

Middleton played 29 games and has 10 assists but 3 of those were in one game. Minus that game, it makes it 1 assist every 4 games so either his delivery is not good enough not often enough or the forwards are mince. It's a bit of both as our top scorer is now 4th in the league's top scorer charts.

Everyone could see it is the final third we are lacking so we brought in Grieve who is another Niskannen and a centre half who won't get a game.

There is not one player - except probably Sibbald - who would get near a top 9 Premiership team. If we go up they will hopefully all get left in this division where they belong and next year will be a team full of loan deals.

I think Goodwin will leave at the end of the season if we get promoted his stock will be high with the defensive side and he'll be off to the English lower leagues while he can. He'll get his jotters if we don't get promoted.

Have a feeling Jon Daly will be here next season.

Anyway 1st post, arabest troops it's going to be fun and games between now and the season end.
    Very good summary there Thor and unfortunately I agree with all of that.

That was another disgrace of a performance last night. Tactics, commitment, desire , effort … could say more but enough said.

They are all letting our great support down, constantly.

Ridiculous timing if we did dry this type of talk is unhelpful, let's not be panic merchants

Arguably he made the changes based in the outcry at losing to Raith in star was a good performance, he's probably gave got stick for b going with the same team the last two which imo he should have, minus maybe Gallagher for Graham

Never seen us ask disjointed this season as the last two games and now losing goals too, to me it shows he was getting it right going with the same team but now he's over thinking it

Once Docherty is back the team picks itself

Get back to what was working, the only real deciding is who plays beside Sibbald until then, I thought Wotherspoon did well there v Raith but he changed it and then he got injured anyway

Tillson is rubbish on the ball but has been the one that depitises mostly, I'd go with Mochrie

Use the options from the bench otherwise to mix it up in games if necessary

Thomson has done ok but he cannot continue with him at right back either, with the defensive record we had why that back four now Gall is back it's madness in a title race to have taken Grimshaw out just because he looks a bit basic going forward

Pick the right side, get it settled again and we will finish first

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ridiculous timing if we did dry this type of talk is unhelpful, let's not be panic merchants

Arguably he made the changes based in the outcry at losing to Raith in star was a good performance, he's probably gave got stick for b going with the same team the last two which imo he should have, minus maybe Gallagher for Graham

Never seen us ask disjointed this season as the last two games and now losing goals too, to me it shows he was getting it right going with the same team but now he's over thinking it

Get back to what was working, the only real deciding is who plays beside Sibbald until then, I thought Wotherspoon did well there v Raith but he changed it and then he got injured anyway

Tillson is rubbish on the ball but has been the one that depitises mostly, I'd go with Mochrie

Thomson has done ok but he cannot continue with him at right back either, with the defensive record we had why that back four now Gall is back it's madness in a title race to have taken Grimshaw out just because he looks a bit basic going forward

I’m scunnered like everyone else with the Raith result and then the abysmal performance last night.

There is not going to be a change before the end of the season. We need to hope JG and the players can find form again and win matches

I agree it is probably time for back to basics after the last two experimental performances

Get the settled back four which has been the main positive all season

I agree as said above Middleton has not been great for a player that always gets a game. Kai has been off the boil.

Don't understand why Cudjoe left out yesterday and Glass now frozen out after a successful start to season but we have no one except Sibbald in centre mid or Doc (injured) that can pass it and Mochrie needs to be further forward if playing at all

Did you have your hands over your ears going LA, LA, LA...... while writing that?

I can guarantee that JG did not make any changes to his teams just because of our reaction and how we lost to Raith in the manner we did! Maybe there are one or two mangers slightly off their rocker who would do it then give two fingers to the fans that way, but JG does not strike me as that kind of person.

We have not been getting things right for a long time as we have been sussed out, pure and simple, but the plan b that is coming to the fore looks like its plan a with the good old tombola making a reappearance!

This is just the same type of talk you came with all last season. Shooting down the rest of us with your constant statistical evidence that everything was fine and we were all panicking over nothing. Remind me again how that went?

I doubt you'd smell the coffee on a day trip round the f*cking Nescafe plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    This is just the same type of talk you came with all last season. Shooting down the rest of us with your constant statistical evidence that everything was fine and we were all panicking over nothing. Remind me again how that went?

I doubt you'd smell the coffee on a day trip round the f*cking Nescafe plant.
    ok. So are we winning this league ?

Yes or No ?

I think we are.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)