+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Goodwin GTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    These threads are great for getting it out of your system and I don't have a problem with that but he's going nowhere until the league is decided.
    As fans we need to stay behind the players because this is the future of the club at stake. We can't afford not to get promoted.
    Stay behind the club Stoke yes,stay behind the badge of Dundee United yes,but behind this shower of gutless f*ckers? That's a f*cking hard ask

Could you imagine the meltdown on here if we’d recently drawn at home to Morton, blown a two goal lead and lost, yes, LOST, to the worst team in the league and then only drawn again to another struggling team and only scored two goals in the process? But that’s exactly what RR have just done and I’m not seeing clammers for Ian Murray TGTF on Rovers forums.

BUT, that’s exactly the point - in a million years they didn’t expect to be where they are at this stage of the season, so the term ‘free hit, 100% applies. In contrast, we 100% expect us to be winning this league because we shouldn’t phucking be in it in the first place, Does that put extra pressure on the players? Yes probably but rightly so. If you can’t handle the pressure then get out of the kitchen - but surely that’s why we’re paying them the big bucks???????? In other word to deal with it and get the results. Because frankly that ain’t happening currently.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 17-03-2024 at 12:07 AM.

The funny thing is, I think that every single one of our players could walk straight into any other championship team! I think that we have a poor manager, but that hasn't been helped by an owner that seems to be penny pinching. We should have strengthened in January in the forward line...and our failure to do so has cost us. I blame Ogren 100% on our current position and our failure to romp home with the league title...shortly followed by the manager and then the so called "experienced players"
    We are definitely not getting much bang for our buck!
    Every single one of these players should be alarmed that if they can't handle it in the Championship...then they are never gonna get a sniff at the premier! Time to put yourself in the shop window or at least put yourself in the united window!

Yesterday Killie were 2 zip down at halftime because their manager tried a new system and it went horribly wrong. He had a few words at halftime and they came back out and won the 2nd half 5 nil. But we've got Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Yesterday Killie were 2 zip down at halftime because their manager tried a new system and it went horribly wrong. He had a few words at halftime and they came back out and won the 2nd half 5 nil. But we've got Jim!
    That's the exact thing that happened to us on Friday, first half and half time. Unfortunately we don't have the quality to recover from a 2 goal deficit.

We were miles better second half when we reverted to the formation we normally play. The big mistakes were; giving them too much respect then not changing it quickly enough one we lost the first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    The funny thing is, I think that every single one of our players could walk straight into any other championship team! I think that we have a poor manager, but that hasn't been helped by an owner that seems to be penny pinching. We should have strengthened in January in the forward line...and our failure to do so has cost us. I blame Ogren 100% on our current position and our failure to romp home with the league title...shortly followed by the manager and then the so called "experienced players"
    We are definitely not getting much bang for our buck!
    Every single one of these players should be alarmed that if they can't handle it in the Championship...then they are never gonna get a sniff at the premier! Time to put yourself in the shop window or at least put yourself in the united window!
    I agree. We got beat from Airdrie the other week and Meekison and Mochrie got the blame (even thou the front 3 were more to blame IMO) anyway, point is both Meeksion and Mochrie would walk into that Airdrie Teams. so its all on JG

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's the exact thing that happened to us on Friday, first half and half time. Unfortunately we don't have the quality to recover from a 2 goal deficit.

We were miles better second half when we reverted to the formation we normally play. The big mistakes were; giving them too much respect then not changing it quickly enough one we lost the first goal.
    Aberdeen changed their system against Motherwell were 2 down after 30 mins and wanock make 2 or 3 subs in the 35 mins oh but not our Jim he waits to half time and makee 1!

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Aberdeen changed their system against Motherwell were 2 down after 30 mins and wanock make 2 or 3 subs in the 35 mins oh but not our Jim he waits to half time and makee 1!
    I totally agree. We set up to win the match one nil and there should have been changes once that was off the table, regardless of how early it was.

They have to get up this season or we are in for another long jolly.Livingston with nae money but another pitch we cannie play on are heading right for us if we fail.

We have to beat Raith to give us some margin for error because absolutely no way we can rely on Goodwin now not costing us further games with irrational decisions as has cost us v Airdrie and Dunfermline. Goodwin is now being schooled by Goodwin, he seems to have become unhinged and overcomplicating things or likely just sh1tting the bed. This team should be better than the others in the league, but the margin isn't such as to be able to afford get things tactically wrong and still come out on top

Goodwins standing by and watching that impending disaster Friday unfold and do nothing was worse than Tony Watts lazy performance in the 0-0 away to queens park.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)