+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodwin GTF!

Sitting here having a long hard think about asking the manager to get tae feck, but in reality, who comes in to sort this sh!t out?

It has been mentioned, and frowned upon, many times before. He talks well, is quite likable, but yet again , can't seem to get the necessary performances from any of his teams when really required.

I'm getting the relegation feeling seeping in to the promotion feeling, all to similar.

Why is it always the games that REALLY matter , that we are unable to turn up to?

Probably not all his fault, his so-called big time players are letting him down very badly (yet again)

Is he really that unlucky? or........... etc etc etc.......

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    It has been mentioned, and frowned upon, many times before. He talks well, is quite likable, but yet again , can't seem to get the necessary performances from any of his teams when really required.

I'm getting the relegation feeling seeping in to the promotion feeling, all to similar.

Why is it always the games that REALLY matter , that we are unable to turn up to?

Probably not all his fault, his so-called big time players are letting him down very badly (yet again)

Is he really that unlucky? or........... etc etc etc.......
    That set up tonight gave Dunfermline all the encouragement they needed,that's totally on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    That set up tonight gave Dunfermline all the encouragement they needed,that's totally on him.
    You won't get any argument from me on that one. It's all becoming a bit... (very) similar to the Aberdeen situation.

Talks well, clueless? I have no idea, but........... that perfomance ( was it? ) tonight was totally unacceptable at any level of Scottish futba.

We are going to stick with him, I understand that, but... in the words of Billy O... Well.. he probably wasn't thinking about United when he wroted it..

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post

Have to agree, it wasn't right and I feel since the Raith game he's panicked and started changing team too much and I no longer agree with his selections where for most part I did until the last 5-6 games

Thomson at right back can work at home to Arbroath but not vs Airdrie/Dunfy etc, he isn't a good defender and our back four works wth Grim in it limited as he may be, why he didn't revert back to what he did at Morton with regards Grimshaw at right back with Thomson further forward I don't know

Also it didn't require Tillson along with Sibbald and Doc, this wasn't Morton away battle job, we have enough quality but he isn't gonna pip Raith by changing what was working away from home

Starting Grieve also a headscatcher, boy is absolutely mince, while Kai and Middleton warm the bench, guys who have contributed all season, January was a bad window in hindsight, as now we have a full squad he's still shoe horning them in, Spoony atleast has quality just not fitness

This one is definitely on Goodwin tonight, 100%

Absolutely has to win the next two, simple as that but we need to back them for now as everyone is desperate for us to blow this as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Sitting here having a long hard think about asking the manager to get tae feck, but in reality, who comes in to sort this sh!t out?
    It can only be one man... Neil Warnock! I wonder if anyone on the bench tonight said at any point during that first half, 'boss. we need to make a change, you've got this wrong.' It's like he has totally sha1 the bed since the Raith away game, when didn't actually play that bad, though he was guilty that night of not making positive changes to ram home the territorial advantage we had second half of that game. Made some long overdue changes v Queens Park, then ripped that all up again v Airdire, made sensible changes against Morton to combat a battle, but then goes back to that against opponents we should be going out on front foot against after a good performance Saturday. Maybe its pressure as he never changed the team up then even when it was crying out for changes. Pure lottery what you get from him now, I don't think he knows now.

There is no issue with the backing of the team in the slightest. A few idiots don't outnumber the thousands that keep turning up, home and away. But................ I'm getting that horrible (shat yirsel yet again ) feeling. (mind oh that? )

Did he really say in his interview that the pitch wasn't conducive to playing free flowing football? Free flowing football Jim? You smoking crack? Dunfermline seemed to cope with a bobbly pitch without too much of an issue.
    This result is on you JG...not the pitch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    You won't get any argument from me on that one. It's all becoming a bit... (very) similar to the Aberdeen situation.

Talks well, clueless? I have no idea, but........... that perfomance ( was it? ) tonight was totally unacceptable at any level of Scottish futba.

We are going to stick with him, I understand that, but... in the words of Billy O... Well.. he probably wasn't thinking about United when he wroted it..
    Its funny how you mention Aberdeen. Think they have bought the same club operations manual and are making a right dunt o it!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Did he really say in his interview that the pitch wasn't conducive to playing free flowing football? Free flowing football Jim? You smoking crack? Dunfermline seemed to cope with a bobbly pitch without too much of an issue.
    This result is on you JG...not the pitch!!!
    Picking Grieve and Tillson is hardly conducive to playing any kind of f*cking football, can't blame the pitch for that Jim

#getthisclownawaytof*ck

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)