+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Goodwin GTF!

I think it's clear both ourselves and rovers will be dropping points all over the place for the remaining matches.

Squeaky bum time. 😲

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Won't happen I know but I'm f*king done with this clown now. A serial failure and simply doesn't know how to motivate this squad of overpaid fannies into any semblance of a performance. Should never have got the gig in the first place after the dismal failure in last seasons post split fixtures. The writing was on the wall then in great big block capitals as far as I'm concerned. Just get him to f*ck please!
    Sorry ADS, couldn't resist it.
    Lesson to be learnt - sitting on the fence is sometimes a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Sorry ADS, couldn't resist it.
    Lesson to be learnt - sitting on the fence is sometimes a better option.
    Ah well, at least there are no splinters in my arse 🤣

Think JG has to be giving a chance at the prem.

Yes there have been a few head scratching team selections. Yes there have been a few really poor performances, but he has done what he was charged to do. He had to rebuild the team while slashing the wage bill, and if it hadn’t been for raith we would have won the league weeks ago.

Will the prem be a step too far for him? I have no idea but I think he shld get the chance to find out. Everyone knows this league is a nightmare to get out off and we have done it at the first time of asking.

Tin helmet firmly fix on…

Overall JG has done well

Hard assignment and he has succeeded.

He’s smart and I don’t think with him we will be going down next year

The first step in going back up is to stay up first season

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Think JG has to be giving a chance at the prem.

Yes there have been a few head scratching team selections. Yes there have been a few really poor performances, but he has done what he was charged to do. He had to rebuild the team while slashing the wage bill, and if it hadn’t been for raith we would have won the league weeks ago.

Will the prem be a step too far for him? I have no idea but I think he shld get the chance to find out. Everyone knows this league is a nightmare to get out off and we have done it at the first time of asking.

Tin helmet firmly fix on…
    In fairness, he has got things 100% spot on over recent games, and suggested in recent interviews he did get things wrong. The Dunfermline game was the worst, and worryingly did not acknowledge his errors in the aftermath (would have earned more respect by doing so!)
    I think he has earned a crack at it, BUT he really needs to NOT overthink things (as appeared to be the case after the 2-1 away defeat to Raith, where in the following games, tactics and player selection all went Pete Tong!!).
    He does need to make big decisions, and get rid of a few players, who are just not Premiership material, and needs to recruit wisely for next season, with adequate cover for each key area. We need to get active in the transfer market now (pre-contracts where possible), and I’d like to see him show strength by informing those not up to the task, that they are being let go as soon as the season ends!
    Time will tell, if he can cut it…

I think what is encouraging is in his aftermatch interview JG admitted he made mistakes in the 3rd quarter of the season. Hopefully this translates in to a learning experience.

I like him, he talks a lot of sense. But, then again that might just be soundbites. I had my doubts at one point and thought he fcuked up all his own good work. Still not sure why we got relegated after a good wee start.. (yeah yeah... keeper didn't help in the slightest)

For stabilities sake, I would ask him to stay on, we can't keep changing managers all the time. And, he deserves a pop at the big league (with us) Looking back now, he did well with limited finance, cost cutting, recruitment etc.

Maybe with a wee bit more cash, and players more willing to come to a bigger league , he might do the same, and build a squad for the job required. That would be , staying up, and hopefully not in a relegation battle. Anything else would be a bonus first season back.

I'm happy to have Jim at the helm for next season, see how things go. Yi never know, we may have a new owner/s.

Who stays ? Who goes? That's for another day....

He will get the opportunity unless he bottles it and walks away!

There will be the initial bounce back positivity to start but once the need to grind results of any type kicks in he will be lacking.

Teams in the prem have plans A to E and F. He is still trying to work out a plan B.

He will have a long and good career in management and I always wish well, but dont think he will be capable long term.

Does anyone ITK know what the players think of him in terms of respect & popularity?
    Especially the mature players, the ones that have been around.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)