+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodwin GTF!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    As they've had as great season and won lots of games, particularly some late wins (yeah stoppage time penalty wins away to Inverness and Queens help) and the head to head with us but they were very fortunate the last time we played make no mistake

We've not had a bad season either and missed key men for awhile, especially Docherty, we'd have had a gap on them had he not been injured

Would be nice if as James said we can put the foot on their throat now, it's long overdue
    How did that turn out then?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree with this. BUT, changing manager now would be ridiculous.
    And therein lies the problem. For far too long (some) United supporters have accepted crap managers and piss poor performances. We, well some of us, deserve everything we get.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    100% This Tilson and Grieve are terrible footballers
    Other clubs get in loan players to enhance their first team and for their young players to learn from, we have brought in Tillson and Grieve who significantly weaken our 1st team and hold back the development of our own youngsters,then we have the lad from St Johnstone who hasn't played a single minute for us and who barring injuries won't play a single minute for us all season. Wotherspoon has been unlucky with injuries whether he will be an asset only time will tell. The first 3 mentioned are a complete waste of time and money, I'm not criticising McClelland because I haven't a clue whether he's any good or not but I'm certainly criticising the manager and board, we signed him when Gallagher was a week away from being fit and Graham had been playing well in his absence so unless St Johnstone are picking up a large part of his wages we are paying premier league wages for our 4th choice centre half.

Quote Originally Posted by ETAuldncrabbit View Post
    And therein lies the problem. For far too long (some) United supporters have accepted crap managers and piss poor performances. We, well some of us, deserve everything we get.
    Are you suggesting it's my fault we got beaten last night? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Are you suggesting it's my fault we got beaten last night? ��
    No, i’m saying that it’s the fault of fans with this attitude that we’ll stick with Badloss.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Some hangover ramblings....

We can't keep going on like this.
    Week to week it's Hit to Miss.
    Ninety minutes you're up & ninety minutes you're down.
    We need to take the last 7 games as an entity.
    We're just not there & there's a lot not right.
    Our vaunted 'strongest squad' claim is maybe much exagerated.
    Our endeavour is rubbish, there was one team out there last night with a will to win & it wasn't us.
    The manager ain't going nowhere and we still top the league, God knows how.
    Teams were scared of us first half of the season, now they know we're easy meat.
    There was talk of us being more up for it after the Morton battle but no evidence of that last night.

I'm fearing Ross County Home & Away.
    Damn fine post that!

Only thing i have to say is about the "strongest squad". I tried to post something along these lines the other day but couldnt follow it through. While i expect we all have a best team on matchday that have demonstrated they are arguably the best in the league, once replacements start coming in, just now they dont seem good enough to win a league. Raith on the other hand seem to have a more balanced squad in the sense that replacements dont harm them as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    he obviously can't motivate the players or give them confidence, how many times has he stood there and said the 1st half performance wasn't acceptable? That's down to him, his motivational skills, or lack of them and in last night's case ridiculous team selection. Every must win game has seen us play poorly and get beaten. If the 1st half yesterday was soo bad why did he do nothing to change it, his selection and tactics were quite clearly not working and at 1-0 down there was only one team going to score the 2nd goal and it certainly wasn't us. All the fans could see it, why could he not is he blind, stupid or was he too stubborn to admit he was wrong and change it? Why at half time only one change, why do we persist with Grieve and Tillson is that because he signed them and again is he too stubborn to admit he was wrong because let's be clear neither merit being anywhere near our squad. He persists in the same failures every week and the odd occasion he drops any of them they are always first subs on. We will lose our young players, Mochrie, Meekison, Cudjoe and Fotheringham because he won't play them, imagine watching Watt not showing an ounce of effort every week, same with Middleton along with his clear lack of a set of balls or appetite for the fight, then you have Grieve and Tillson with no discernable sign of the ability required. Imagine sitting on the bench and thinking he thinks they're better than me. Last season when he eventually played Fotheringham look what happened the laddie was one of our best players, this season looks at Thomson same thing applies. Yes the youngsters will be inconsistent but they will run and fight for the shirt and for the club and let's be honest they could not be any more inconsistent or as bad as the 4 senior players mentioned above.
    I just think last night was about tactics not motivation, I agree about tilson and grieve, that's on the club as much as the manager though, there is no transfer strategy beyond leaving it to manager to source what is available local. I'd agree to an extent regards the youngsters, I thought last week, against Arbroath, worst team in the league, cruising it, he puts grieve and tilson on ahead of likes of cujoe and mochrie. That's the point when you should just pack your bags. Also has to be said for balance though, how often have we said the youngsters haven't stepped up when given the opportunity?

While i agree to an extent with this, it has cost us an absolute fortune to go through the number of managers we have done over the last wee while. The one thing that will stop us removing another one will be still paying for others who were ejected, and i might add a few other staff that followed them.

No, i’m saying that it’s the fault of fans with this attitude that we’ll stick with Badloss.
    Crazy, it's nothing to do with the fans. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I just think last night was about tactics not motivation, I agree about tilson and grieve, that's on the club as much as the manager though, there is no transfer strategy beyond leaving it to manager to source what is available local. I'd agree to an extent regards the youngsters, I thought last week, against Arbroath, worst team in the league, cruising it, he puts grieve and tilson on ahead of likes of cujoe and mochrie. That's the point when you should just pack your bags. Also has to be said for balance though, how often have we said the youngsters haven't stepped up when given the opportunity?
    I can agree with you about the tactics being wrong but let's be honest we were 2nd best to every ball and lost every tackle and header and that is down to motivation,, even though the tactics aren't working there's no excuse for the individual performances put in last night. Again I can agree to some extent about the youngsters not stepping up but let's be honest they are held to a far higher standard than your Watts and Middleton's, watt and Middleton under perform week after week put are continually picked, the youngsters get 10 minutes here or there most weeks if they are lucky, then they get thrown in out of the blue to start a game, often in Mochrie and Meekison's case not in their best position then regardless of how anyone else around them is performing they get hauled off at HT or early 2nd half then dropped for the next run of games. How is any young players going to perform under these circumstances? They need to be given the same opportunities that others do. In the Patrick game last week Meekison came on for the last few minutes the ball got played to him in the number 10 position, in the commentators words he " took it on the half turn and looked to drive forward" when has Watt done that in that role he'd rather take the ball in to feet and pass it back, take a fancy flick and lose it or turn in to the defender and throw himself to the ground, this along with the hoof up the park to Moult to try and hold up or run after all makes our creative play far too slow or loses possession too easily. We need someone in there to take the ball on the half turn, draw a defender to slip it through to Moult or the wingers in space, Moult would thrive on that as would our wingers, the wingers very rarely beat their defender someone playing the way Meekison wants to means they don't have too, he can draw the fullback and slip it in behind.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)