+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodwin GTF!

It's not just Goodwin that's got to it's all the coaching staff that have been there for year's. We have been rotten for about 10 years, new manager comes in same coaching staff are kept on. Bowman might have been a legend on the park but it's time to go.

Yeah, it's clear that the team is under-performing and something ain't right.

I don't think a wholesale clearout of the coaching staff at this point would be a good look or strategy. However, a wee tweak here or there could freshen things up and maybe see us through to the end of the season without disaster.

Personally, I think JG could do with a No2 that has a good eye for tactics and can help him change things up accordingly to the opposition.

Fotheringham was standing waiting for 5 minutes waiting to come on while Goodwin was deciding what to do with the team.

Our next manager has to be over the age of 50 imo. Not one of the usual suspects though here in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Yeah, it's clear that the team is under-performing and something ain't right.

I don't think a wholesale clearout of the coaching staff at this point would be a good look or strategy. However, a wee tweak here or there could freshen things up and maybe see us through to the end of the season without disaster.

Personally, I think JG could do with a No2 that has a good eye for tactics and can help him change things up accordingly to the opposition.
    I agree re coaching staff

Seems there are only yes men and no one with tactical ability

If I seen another club sack their manager whilst they were top of the league I would think it an utter basket case.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If I seen another club sack their manager whilst they were top of the league I would think it an utter basket case.
    The FUN with cowboy MacCormack?

I agree, we honestly can't be thinking of replacing the manager at this time of the season.

Who would we get in?
    Who's available?
    Do we gamble on a new manager's bounce?
    Would they turn this squad into world beaters with 8/9 weeks of the season to go?

The manager's changes in the last 2 games haven't worked, he obviously thinks we have a squad that is good enough to be used when we have multiple games coming up.....we don't. When all fit we have a good first 11 for this league but the bench is as average as it gets.

I truly hope Docherty and Wotherspoon are fit soon as they are a big miss when not available and it causes our manager to tinker too much with the starting line up.

I have been saying for a while that we need another coach in for our forwards. Might be the freshen up that we need. Also, our supposed maybe getting one in on loan...where has that gone?

One or two people on this thread and others talking about Docherty and how much better we should be when he's back. Personally, I'll be surprised if we see him again this season. I don't know actual numbers but I'm pretty sure he's missed more games than he's played for us now. It's a very strange situation with him - he's touch and go for this game, might be available, might not, fitness test, nearly there. Ok, if he's not quite ready for this game then surely could be on the bench for the next game? Nope, still not in the squad. Hopefully next week, 50/50 for this game, nope - not in the squad. Suddenly he's ok to start Vs Ayr United, plays for an hour, scores the winner. Then disappears again.

I think with all of that and what has been said on here, it looks like his issues are about more than just physical fitness.

He is probably our most influential player, in one of the most crucial positions on the park, but I think we need to accept that we have to manage without him.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    One or two people on this thread and others talking about Docherty and how much better we should be when he's back. Personally, I'll be surprised if we see him again this season. I don't know actual numbers but I'm pretty sure he's missed more games than he's played for us now. It's a very strange situation with him - he's touch and go for this game, might be available, might not, fitness test, nearly there. Ok, if he's not quite ready for this game then surely could be on the bench for the next game? Nope, still not in the squad. Hopefully next week, 50/50 for this game, nope - not in the squad. Suddenly he's ok to start Vs Ayr United, plays for an hour, scores the winner. Then disappears again.

I think with all of that and what has been said on here, it looks like his issues are about more than just physical fitness.

He is probably our most influential player, in one of the most crucial positions on the park, but I think we need to accept that we have to manage without him.
    ^^^This^^^

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)