+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I disagree with you views.
    That is two posters you have managed to disagree with on this topic.
    I've disagreed with two posters so I must be wrong?

WOW

I disagree with you views.
    That is two posters you have managed to disagree with on this topic.
    I just checked back, what two posters have I disagreed with on this thread? I can see I've disagreed with you, because you're talking your usual claptrap, but can't see another.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I just checked back, what two posters have I disagreed with on this thread? I can see I've disagreed with you, because you're talking your usual claptrap, but can't see another.
    Sorry.
    My mistake.
    You managed to disagree with BCram on another topic.
    You are good at disagreeing with posters.

Sorry.
    My mistake.
    You managed to disagree with BCram on another topic.
    You are good at disagreeing with posters.
    That's the most pathetic thing you've ever posted on here - and there's been some belters from you.

That's the most pathetic thing you've ever posted on here - and there's been some belters from you.
    You must be getting desperate if you are dredging this up from four days ago.

You must be getting desperate if you are dredging this up from four days ago.
    I guess I must be desperate - after all, you say so. Or maybe I've been away on business and was unable to respond to you?

I'll leave it to you to see if you can work out which one it it is - I'll give you a clue though, it's not the first option.

Back to the point in hand, do you really think disagreeing with you makes someone wrong? No ifs, buts or maybes - you're right so anyone who disagrees must be wrong?

My 'disagreement' with BCram was over Burns 'poetry' and all I said was that I never liked it. That's not even a disagreement, it's more of a clash of taste and, after all, we can't help how our brains are wired can we? I can accept that people may not like what I like but was deeply disappointed that BCram, an otherwise very good poster, would refer to my dislike of Burns' poetry as stupid - that's Islay level stuff IMO.

I guess I must be desperate - after all, you say so. Or maybe I've been away on business and was unable to respond to you?

I'll leave it to you to see if you can work out which one it it is - I'll give you a clue though, it's not the first option.

Back to the point in hand, do you really think disagreeing with you makes someone wrong? No ifs, buts or maybes - you're right so anyone who disagrees must be wrong?

My 'disagreement' with BCram was over Burns 'poetry' and all I said was that I never liked it. That's not even a disagreement, it's more of a clash of taste and, after all, we can't help how our brains are wired can we? I can accept that people may not like what I like but was deeply disappointed that BCram, an otherwise very good poster, would refer to my dislike of Burns' poetry as stupid - that's Islay level stuff IMO.
    You have a disagreement with BCram about Burns poetry.
    You have posted on here that you do not like English people calling you ‘Jock’.
    You have a running spat with another poster on here and you criticise everything I post.
    It is your way or no way.

You have a disagreement with BCram about Burns poetry.
    You have posted on here that you do not like English people calling you ‘Jock’.
    You have a running spat with another poster on here and you criticise everything I post.
    It is your way or no way.
    I'll criticise this post because it's complete nonsense.

1. I did not actually disagree with BCram over Burns' poetry, I simply said I didn't like it but never really got into any type of sustained conversation over it. BCram and I like different things, that's a matter of taste and not a disagreement.

2. I have never posted that I dislike English people for calling me Jock - that was a complete and deliberate lie by another poster to try to get to me. I said I dislike the superior attitude adopted by many of the English people I encountered in the RAF who genuinely considered the Scots, Irish and Welsh to be beneath them. Note some individuals, not all English people.

3. I don't have a running spat with anyone and when you, or anyone else, post up something that I agree with I'll quite often say as much. Having said that of course if I think there's an inaccuracy within a post, I disagree with a point or I have further information to add I might also say as much. It's a discussion forum after all.

4. It's not now, and has never been, my way or the highway - I believe that's your mantra.

If you just try to post sense instead of the usual drivel I, and others, will agree a lot more with you. You'd also benefit from starting to appreciate that just because someone considers your opinion to be wrong they're not having a go at you but simply offering an alternative view.

I'll criticise this post because it's complete nonsense.

1. I did not actually disagree with BCram over Burns' poetry, I simply said I didn't like it but never really got into any type of sustained conversation over it. BCram and I like different things, that's a matter of taste and not a disagreement.

2. I have never posted that I dislike English people for calling me Jock - that was a complete and deliberate lie by another poster to try to get to me. I said I dislike the superior attitude adopted by many of the English people I encountered in the RAF who genuinely considered the Scots, Irish and Welsh to be beneath them. Note some individuals, not all English people.

3. I don't have a running spat with anyone and when you, or anyone else, post up something that I agree with I'll quite often say as much. Having said that of course if I think there's an inaccuracy within a post, I disagree with a point or I have further information to add I might also say as much. It's a discussion forum after all.

4. It's not now, and has never been, my way or the highway - I believe that's your mantra.

If you just try to post sense instead of the usual drivel I, and others, will agree a lot more with you. You'd also benefit from starting to appreciate that just because someone considers your opinion to be wrong they're not having a go at you but simply offering an alternative view.
    Thank you for your comments.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)