+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpies building Nest?

Magpies building Nest?

"Notts County have revealed plans to build a fan zone near their Meadow Lane ground.

The disused warehouse which will host the fan zone

The Magpies want to turn a 12,000 sq ft former distribution warehouse on Iremonger Road next to the stadium into a venue for fans to meet before a match.

According to a planning application submitted by Grace Machin, ‘The Nest’, as the fan zone will be called will see the club “invest further capital resources into the ‘fan offer’ and experience” at Meadow Lane.

The Nest will also be used as a multi-purpose events space for other leisure, entertainment and community use... " (article continues at link)

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/eastmidlands/news/2082598-notts-county-reveal-plans-for-12000-sq-ft-fan-zone
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-02-2024 at 04:29 PM.

Sounds a great idea.

"County says they want to replicate a space seen at Box Park in Wembley, the Rapidz Fan Zone at Burnley or City Square at Manchester City. The management of the venue will be the responsibility of the Magpies’ event and stadium management team".

I went to Boxpark before the playoff final and it was brilliant. It would be ideal to offer to whoever the scum are playing when we're not using it if they stay in the Premiership. We just need to get our act together to make sure we can fill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sounds a great idea.

"County says they want to replicate a space seen at Box Park in Wembley, the Rapidz Fan Zone at Burnley or City Square at Manchester City. The management of the venue will be the responsibility of the Magpies’ event and stadium management team".

I went to Boxpark before the playoff final and it was brilliant. It would be ideal to offer to whoever the scum are playing when we're not using it if they stay in the Premiership. We just need to get our act together to make sure we can fill it.
    We went to BoxP after the game and it was bouncing. A good idea from Notts and I read into it a long term commitment to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    "Notts County have revealed plans to build a fan zone near their Meadow Lane ground.

The disused warehouse which will host the fan zone

The Magpies want to turn a 12,000 sq ft former distribution warehouse on Iremonger Road next to the stadium into a venue for fans to meet before a match.

According to a planning application submitted by Grace Machin, ‘The Nest’, as the fan zone will be called will see the club “invest further capital resources into the ‘fan offer’ and experience” at Meadow Lane.

The Nest will also be used as a multi-purpose events space for other leisure, entertainment and community use... " (article continues at link)

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/eastmidlands/news/2082598-notts-county-reveal-plans-for-12000-sq-ft-fan-zone
    There won’t be enough fans to enjoy this if they keep this ****er in charge.

Just what we needed - we keep losing games, the fans are all pissed off and the club announce they're building a fan zone.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Just what we needed - we keep losing games, the fans are all pissed off and the club announce they're building a fan zone.
    Its fine mate when its open i'll meet up with Durham and i'll make sure we both have our Morias and Randall shirts with us !

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    But it could well be just what we need, I'm sure the idea is that it will generate income for the club in the long term. I know we have more pressing short term problems, but I won't criticise the club for looking to the future.

It’s a great idea, the area is crying out for something like this. Box park is bloody brilliant.

But it could well be just what we need, I'm sure the idea is that it will generate income for the club in the long term. I know we have more pressing short term problems, but I won't criticise the club for looking to the future.
    I agree. Form is temporary but the fan zone will be somewhat permanent.

I think it’s an excellent idea. The memories of the Box Park (or whatever it was called) at Wembley with all those Notts fans in one fan zone were brilliant and unforgettable.

So somewhere similar where fans can gather pre match that may help improve the match day experience (off the field) and bring in extra revenue is most welcome. Likewise it could also be used for away fans visiting our neighbours so could be used every week.

I can’t fault the club for coming up with new and innovative ways of making the club more sustainable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast