+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compared to last nights games

Compared to last nights games

I watched Blackburn v Newcastle and Luton v Man City. Although both home teams lost I have to say that the effort, passion, pride and the will to do well both Blackburn and Luton impressed me with their resolve and fantastic effort. Unlike our our scraggily players who have no backbone and no pride in trying to close down and make it difficult for the opposition. I do not know any other way to say it but it just shows the players of BFC are lacklustre, passive and cowardly. They should hang their head in shame.

I mention on here last week we are gutless, spineless amoebas.

Sinkov told me to chuck my ST in the bin and go and watch the Rovers instead!

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    I watched Blackburn v Newcastle and Luton v Man City. Although both home teams lost I have to say that the effort, passion, pride and the will to do well both Blackburn and Luton impressed me with their resolve and fantastic effort. Unlike our our scraggily players who have no backbone and no pride in trying to close down and make it difficult for the opposition. I do not know any other way to say it but it just shows the players of BFC are lacklustre, passive and cowardly. They should hang their head in shame.
    Last night Weeds gave Chelski a scare also.I cannot see the current group doing well in the Championship-I really can`t.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I mention on here last week we are gutless, spineless amoebas.

Sinkov told me to chuck my ST in the bin and go and watch the Rovers instead!
    Lancaster has given you every encouragement mon ami, a team that plays with effort, passion and pride, get yourself down Ewood if that's what you want. Why anyone would spend their time and money watching gutless, spineless amoebas kicking a football round a field is way beyond me. Still, each to their own.

Last season we were the biggest lion in the pride, this season it seems someone castrated him while he was sleeping.

It's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    I wonder if any of our Players blush when they open their wage packets?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Last season we were the biggest lion in the pride, this season it seems someone castrated him while he was sleeping.

It's odd.
    Last season we had the remnants of team spirit with those players who had played for Dyche and I suspect they passed it on to the newer younger recruits. That spirit was lost with the further departures of players like Barnes, too many new faces and even some of the new faces from last season have been sidelined. I feel when we are relegated we will struggle next season.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Last season we had the remnants of team spirit with those players who had played for Dyche and I suspect they passed it on to the newer younger recruits. That spirit was lost with the further departures of players like Barnes, too many new faces and even some of the new faces from last season have been sidelined. I feel when we are relegated we will struggle next season.
    yes I agree. You cannot win anything without commitment and guts. This team lack those qualities and natural leaders on the pitch. nobody talks or screams when errors occur. All the skill in the world and no fight still equals defeat.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned City keeper Ortega passing the ball straight to Barkley just outside the penalty area, which resulted in a goal for Luton. As I keep pointing out, Trafford is by no means the only keeper who makes mistakes, although judging by the comments on Burnley forums, you'd think he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    yes I agree. You cannot win anything without commitment and guts. This team lack those qualities and natural leaders on the pitch. nobody talks or screams when errors occur. All the skill in the world and no fight still equals defeat.
    A lot had can and will happen in a short space of time - as it’s been accurately pointed out on this thread - from lions to zero in a short few months.

If we get a few players back from injury we’ll be ok - still think I’d like a strong midfielder though I think we’ll stick with cullen / Berge and or massengo

A lot also rides on Foster being available and odebert being here and koleosho coming back as he was before injury.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)